Passport renew questions

UPdate :) on passport

1. no major isues getting the paport and the embassy personel were OK to deal with .

One thing for sure is that they will reject the photos that you bring and require you to pay $10 to have their offical photos .

There were about 40 people there when we arrived at 9:35 AM and there were 6 windows open .

We left at 10:15 so other than being forced to drive 500 plus miles to get a passport renewed it was not a bad experience

UPdate :) on passport

1. no major isues getting the paport and the embassy personel were OK to deal with .

One thing for sure is that they will reject the photos that you bring and require you to pay $10 to have their offical photos .

There were about 40 people there when we arrived at 9:35 AM and there were 6 windows open .

We left at 10:15 so other than being forced to drive 500 plus miles to get a passport renewed it was not a bad experience

This seems to be SOP

• 2 months later...

Just noticed this one in the wrong forum.

Problems & Partings has to do with relationship problems, not immigrations problems like a passport renewel.

Moved.

• 1 month later...

UPdate :whistling: on passport

Hi,

i have a question. My step son's passport is now expired. He and my SO were K3 K4 and just got the green cards this last week, so we waited on the interviews to be done before we tried this passport renewal in Houston.

Did you get the OLD passport back? This is why we waited until after the interview, I did not want to lose the passport with the K4 visa in it. Do they keep it?

~lgr

UPdate :lol: on passport

Hi,

i have a question. My step son's passport is now expired. He and my SO were K3 K4 and just got the green cards this last week, so we waited on the interviews to be done before we tried this passport renewal in Houston.

Did you get the OLD passport back? This is why we waited until after the interview, I did not want to lose the passport with the K4 visa in it. Do they keep it?

~lgr

Yes, you get old passports back, they typically cut a corner off or punch a hole in it to show that it is invalid.
Yes, you get old passports back, they typically cut a corner off or punch a hole in it to show that it is invalid.

My wife just received her new passport. As Dan mentioned, yes, they did return her invalidated passport, with a corner cut.