parcels from China to USA

I have been looking for the thread, and I am having trouble locating it, and the overall box dimension for international parcel shipments from China. If anyone knows what the total overall dimensions is, it would take a lot of pressure off of me! Yizhen went to the post office today, and they refused to accept our boxes! I thought that they used an overall dimension, and that we could use our own box.

Thanks for any help, Mike & Yizhen

I have been looking for the thread, and I am having trouble locating it, and the overall box dimension for international parcel shipments from China. If anyone knows what the total overall dimensions is, it would take a lot of pressure off of me! Yizhen went to the post office today, and they refused to accept our boxes! I thought that they used an overall dimension, and that we could use our own box.

Thanks for any help, Mike & Yizhen

Dont know about the size thing but the post office where Ting mailed me a few shirts demanded she open the boxes to "Verrify the contents". Apperantly they take it uppon them selves to make sure nothing illegal is in there. I personaly think there just abusing there position and possibly looking for things to steal later.

Before yan moved here she shipped several boxes from chengdu. Looking at one it looks like it is from the post office and it has 445x350x350 mm on it. It took about 3 month to arrive when shipped the "cheapest " (slow) way. Customs opened one of the four from the looks of the boxes when they arrived.

Edited by lostinblue (see edit history)

Before yan moved here she shipped several boxes from chengdu. Looking at one it looks like it is from the post office and it has 445x350x350 mm on it. It took about 3 month to arrive when shipped the "cheapest " (slow) way. Customs opened one of the four from the looks of the boxes when they arrived.

sounds about right

THANK YOU!

We have decided to wait and carry our parcels to the US on our next return trip. We do not want to risk damage or loss. Our overall dimension was about, 60cmX60cmX30cm. (24inX24INX12in). USPS overall dimension limit is 150inches for basic rates, they will accept some parcels like golf clubs that are slightly larger.

They wanted us to buy the boxes there, and we know that it is ok to use your own boxes. We knew about the inspection of the contents, and were prepared to complete the packaging while we were there. I was also prepared to take a photo of the contents and the employee inspecting them, for insurance.

I have been trying to find a better way to send parcels, and I have yet to find any acceptable (reasonable $ and safe), methods. I would like to import products, but it seems you must get a container, fill it, and wait for it to arrive in Chicago. 3 to 4 months. US customers would never wait, so you would need to purchase merchandise for stock and ship within the US. SORRY about the thinking out loud. I purchased our first handheld translator from a company in Taiwan, and they were 1/2 the price of any other supplier, China or US, and it was delivered next day for $10 extra.

Thanks again for your help, when I find a good method of shipping, I will post about it. Mike & Yizhen