well my girl turned in the paper work to request an interview date then went back to her hometown to get the few documents she will need for her interview ...marriagability cert.... she was on the way yot the office to try and get it this after noon .....how soon do you think i should start calling to see about the interview date being scheduled and the p4 sent out ???? and i am going to be there for the interview for her waiting for her.....how many days do you think is safe to schedule the return trip after the interview???

well my girl turned in the paper work to request an interview date then went back to her hometown to get the few documents she will need for her interview ...marriagability cert.... she was on the way yot the office to try and get it this after noon .....how soon do you think i should start calling to see about the interview date being scheduled and the p4 sent out ???? and i am going to be there for the interview for her waiting for her.....how many days do you think is safe to schedule the return trip after the interview???

Hi areynolds,

You should try and make ACH on Monday, and try to have documents notarized at ACS also on a monday.

I took 10 days off for my wife's interview.

When ever the interview is, when she passes ...the usual time to obtain the passport is two days...when everything goes well.

Also China Southern has nice prices from Guz to LAX.

Tom and Ling

Hi areynolds,

You should try and make ACH on Monday, and try to have documents notarized at ACS also on a monday.

I took 10 days off for my wife's interview.

When ever the interview is, when she passes ...the usual time to obtain the passport is two days...when everything goes well.

Also China Southern has nice prices from Guz to LAX.

Tom and Ling

So you took 10 days total to go and come back ? Cool I am going to try to make it to the ACH if i can make it ....

I have flown China Southern before i wonder if i have enough sky miles for anything lol probably not i think i will call them direct and see what the best deal is .... :P i hope at least in a few years we might have enough miles for at least an upgrade ....I am thinking about a direct flight from Can to Lax on the return at least i don't mind transfers on the way there but for my girl i think i want to go directly home

We mailed our P3 in on May 14. It was received on May 15. Receipt was acknowledged today, June 01. It took 10 business days (2 holidays in there) just to acknowledge receipt. I don't have an interview date yet. It would seem that after 9 or 10 business days would be a good time to start calling to monitor the process. I suspect it will take another week or so before I will have an interview date. If anyone else has a better estimate, I would like to hear it.

We mailed our P3 in on May 14. It was received on May 15. Receipt was acknowledged today, June 01. It took 10 business days (2 holidays in there) just to acknowledge receipt. I don't have an interview date yet. It would seem that after 9 or 10 business days would be a good time to start calling to monitor the process. I suspect it will take another week or so before I will have an interview date. If anyone else has a better estimate, I would like to hear it.

Wow i hope you hear soon, i guess i will start calling in a week or so...i would like to see how long after submission the interview date are set for on average if anyone knows....thanks for the great info we will both get there soon

Wow i hope you hear soon, i guess i will start calling in a week or so...i would like to see how long after submission the interview date are set for on average if anyone knows....thanks for the great info we will both get there soon

average is about 3-4 weeks from sending P3 until Interview date assigned.

thank you hopefully it will be quicker since she lives in guangzhou and wont take so long on the mailing end of it

thank you hopefully it will be quicker since she lives in guangzhou and wont take so long on the mailing end of it

It only took a day for the Consulate to receive the paperwork from Shanghai, so don't get your hopes up. I doubt it will be any faster from Guangzhou. It will take a while for the Consulate to "qualify it".

Edited by Bert-Jie Lin (see edit history)