5/27/09 interview-PINK!

Thanks so much for posting interview details!---wish everyone would---and Mods---heres a hint---how about a section just for those postings?

We all know from the ebb and flow over the years that DOS changes its emphasis from time to time, and of course the VO's seem to script their own style without a lot of continuity.. All these aspects are deliberate, and part of DOS's strategy to find fraud, and remain unpredictable.

In your SO's case, thumbing through the photos, with the sweet chat of the VO, wasn't like sharing slides of your vacation to NanChang with old friends, I'm quite sure.... So its great you were prepared for that aspect, and very valuable to others here in the process...

Congratulations ~! ---and hope you stay in touch when you return to the US ~!

hello, I wanted to add some more details but I can't seem to find the edit button. Wang ZiYi said the day of the interview was quite rushed because one of the fingerprinting machines was broken. He said it was probably lucky because the person collecting the documents beforehand seemed impatient, and therefore didn't ask him the one question we feared, "ARe you part of the CCP?". It was so busy and they were behind schedule, that they did not even have folks do the swearing in thing. He thinks because this lady didn't ask him this question, she checked it off her list of questions, so the VO (thinking this question was asked) didn't ask either.

Wang ZiYi also said the VO only asked for and looked at the I-864. He was the one who showed the photo album, because he got a bit nervous and was afraid she was going to ask the dreaded question. This lady was blonde, and in her early 30's and her Mandarin was quite good.

Hi guys,

Jeffrey went in for his interview today at 7:15am. I'm not sure when he got his fingerprints done, but he thought he was going to get a monster VO because of his experience with a young, male fingerprinter. He got a golden haired woman and he said she was really nice from the start. She kept him at the window 5-6 minutes. He said it was a long time. She asked him:

How did you meet? I met her investigating a case at the Uni

Why do you love her? She is kind, beautiful...yadayada

Where did you meet? At the Uni that we both worked at

Why do you want to go to the US? (he didn't tell me)

When will you go? (he didn't tell me)

Can you speak English? A little

Can your wife speak Chinese? Yes

Then she took her time with the photos, and switched to English to speak with him. Some questions she asked he didn't understand so he asked her to repeat it in Chinese. We weren't sure we were going to get pink since he has been part of the CCP for a year and did not withdraw from it. We had our letters ready and everything. I don't have the specific details yet on the whole interview cause I just got the good news. If there is anything else to tell, I'll let you guys know.

Thank you all for your help and support. We would not have been able to do this without CFL.