:o

I am excited - I'm leaving 12/20 to spend the holidays with Sarah in Nanjing - I'm now inside 2 months before I leave.

1. I am taking the 129-f and the biograhic info form with me. Are there any other papers I should take?

2. Should I take any of my notarized documents with me?

3. I want to take some of my documents that she will need at the interview. Will it be a problem to take documents dated Nov 2003 when the 129-f will be dated Jan 2004? WIll the "out-of-synch dates be a problem in GZ?

4. Is there a list/website to help me do the 129-f and the biograhic info "right?"

I appreciate the help. I sure is nice to get help!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

:o

What notarized documents of yours are you referring to? Your birth certificate? divorce decree? Better to keep those here for use when you submit the I-129f. By the way, these documents are not really notarized. Rather, they are certified copies.

Now would be a good time for Sarah to begin gathering her notarized documents like her birth certificate, divorce decree, sole custody documents, etc. It would be too early for her to get her police certificates because they have a limited shelf life - one year, I think.

Be sure you have the ADIT photos done while you're there, and make sure she signs the G-325 biographic form. Some service centers will kick the I-129f back if it is not signed by the beneficiary.

Good luck and may your K journey be a short one.

look at this link it will give you an idea of what will be needed

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....9c75b696441edc4

Also I used "adobe acrobat approval 5.0" on fillable forms otherwise you cant save your work and I never completed any of the forms in 1 sitting so it will save you a little hassle for $50 also there is a free limited program called RoboPDF that will turn almost any printable form into a PDF

Look here at these links

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrapproval/main.html

http://www.ehelp.com/products/robopdf/

Hope this helps

Best Wishes and good luck for a speedy application.

:angel:

Your application should be submitted in the USA so you won't have to take too much stuff with you to china.

Take several copies of the applications incase you goof (unless you have a computer, and a PDF will do).

You can pre-fill in some things in the Acrobat fillable forms.

One problem that I had with the fillable forms was that they used a HUGE font, and none of the lines had enough space. I ended up resizing almost all of the fields in the form. I believe that required the full version of Acrobat (dang expensive, but we had it at work). Ooops, perhaps that was what happened to my application. I made it so small that they couldn't read it :(

I presume that you will want to give her a copy of your 2004 form 1040 as part of the financial stuff (which I assume is required, I haven't gotten that far yet).

Take LOTS of pictures, incluing a few with both of you. Make sure that she gets a copy of all of your pictures. Copies of phone bills from your number to hers?

Make sure you get a "Passport Photo" of your fiancee with the 3/4 frontal view as required by the INS.

Fill in all of the lines of the forms (using N/A as appropriate). However, the answer to "names of previous husbands or wives" can not be N/A.... You must put in the word "none" if this is the first marriage (I learned that the hard way).

Oh, I think you will need a personal statement from each of you (or some people have used one from both people).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:)

Most of all, have a wonderful time in China with your girlfriend / fiancee. This is a time of exploring her culture, as well as meeting her and having both of you learn a little about each other.

:D

Of course, you want to get a head-start on the application. But, the most important thing should be learning to LOVE each other!!!

:wub:

Best Wishes,

Clifford

:rolleyes:

Take extra copies of the I-125 F and G125-A and have her sign them. That way if there is a mistake you won't have to send them back to her to re-sign. I would try and have it all filled out before you go. That gives you more time to dot all the Is and cross all the Ts and you wont be distracted from having a wonderful time with your sweety. Have her get notarized translations of her birth certificate and any divorce decrees or proof of husbands death etc if applicable. Take lots of pictures preferably with dates on them and make sure you take several pictures of you and her with her family. Save all your hotel receipts, boarding passes, ticket stubs etc. Anything that will prove you have been there. Make out a statement promising to marry her and sign it. Have her do the same. Most of all have a great time!!!!

A little trick is to have her sign self stick labels the Avery company type..of course in Chinese..also address in Chinese you will have to do in English too. But the idea with the labels is that you can trim them and stick them onto the documents make a copy of the filled out form and you are good to go.. Also the address in Chinese on a label (copy or run thru your scanner save and print anytime you need) good to send those gifts along with the English version.. You need a form of intent to Marry signed by both of you.. And proof of meeting documents.. I have aprofessional Visa company helping me and my BCIS form when through without a hitch.. also I would use NONE every place required

Good Luck :)

jkobman,

These petitions take different times for everyone. When you go take 4 copies of your I-129F to fill out and also your G-325. This way if they are lost in mail you have copies. Take as many photos> with dates on< of you and your fiancee together. Include her family and friends. Make two sets, one for her and one for you, start an album, you will be there during the Christmas season, so get as many backdrops of known Chinese posters, hotels anything with names. Also you never know how many trips you will take, so keep every receipt you can, travel cheques at banks, money machines, any pay parks, bus tickets, hotel bills, anything and everything. Many forms that she will need for P-3 and P-4 can't be downloaded in China, but you can bring them and help her fill them out so you both have a copy. Think ahead. Example, DS-156, 156K, 157 for P-4. Get copies of her birth certificate, divorse, passport. Look on the government site for Q & A to get more ideas.

Hope you case goes fast and good luck. OH! when you send anyting to our government, send it by Priority mail with conformation and keep everything. E-mails, phone bills, everything.