p4 and interview

Hi Everybody,

Just got my interview date NOV, 18 :P . Started back in May so total time 6 1/2 months. Not that bad at all :P .

It seems like GZ is moving along now, On another board 8 or 9 persons got their interview date in these 2 days and my laywer also told me 6 of his other clients just recieved interview dates also.

Good Luck To all that is still waiting!! It will happen.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Perhaps someone woke up!!! Who sent the truckload of Columbia's best coffee to the BCIS office?

I do have troubles understanding how some applications take very different speeds to process with some finishing in 6 months and others in 18 months. I would hate to think it is all in who you know. :P

Overall this is very encouraging. I sincerely hope it is a sign of a new trend towards more reasonable application times. Maybe there is actually light at the end of the tunnel!!!

By the way, gigibebe, which BCIS office did you apply through? How long did it take the application to get through BCIS?

My Deepest Congratulations, and best wishes,

----- Clifford -----

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Perhaps someone woke up!!!  Who sent the truckload of Columbia's best coffee to the BCIS office?

I do have troubles understanding how some applications take very different speeds to process with some finishing in 6 months and others in 18 months.  I would hate to think it is all in who you know. :P

Overall this is very encouraging.  I sincerely hope it is a sign of a new trend towards more reasonable application times.  Maybe there is actually light at the end of the tunnel!!!

By the way, gigibebe, which BCIS office did you apply through?  How long did it take the application to get through BCIS?

My Deepest Congratulations, and best wishes,

----- Clifford -----

Mine went to Vermont it too about 2 and 1/2 to 3 weeks

Hi Everybody,

Just got my interview date NOV, 18   :P . Started back in May so total time 6 1/2 months. Not that bad at all :P .

That is a great day indeed, It was the day I was born :P I hope I can get through as fast as you but not holding my breath :P

Congrats an Good Luck

That is my birthday too...haha...11.18 is very lucky numbers...you will pass interview with no doubt!

6 1/2 months processing time was unheard of as recently as March of this year. Three cheers to the evaporation, finally, of the Black Hole of '02!! Things seem to be going semi-normal now at BCIS and GZ.

Why, you wonder? I don't think it has so much to do with Colombian coffee. Could be that it is a result of our democratic process in action -- the process whereby enough people talk often and loudly enough, and the government finally listens. I like to think that CFL and its members made a difference in motivating and helping our BCIS to fix what was broken. Congratulations to all here at CFL and all our friends in the BCIS and good job! :P

3 weeks at BCIS in Vermont? Getting a head start on the application makes a BIG difference.

:)

It makes me want to move to New England!!!

I hope there is some pressure to do the fast turnarounds throughout the country (as well as in the NVC and Embassies). But, unfortunately, I fear that some of the BCIS offices may be slower than others.

My app was collecting dust and growing spider webs in Nebraska as gigibebe's application came and left Vermont.

And, now, I fear that mine is collecting more dust and spider webs in Moscow!!!

Of course, I can't imagine the frustration of those who have been put on the 18 month schedule (and I keep hoping that mine will be finished in less time than that :().

I still get tears in my eyes when I think of Robhon having to say goodbye to his baby in the airport.

----- CK -----

3 weeks at BCIS in Vermont? Getting a head start on the application makes a BIG difference.

:lol:

It makes me want to move to New England!!!

I hope there is some pressure to do the fast turnarounds throughout the country (as well as in the NVC and Embassies). But, unfortunately, I fear that some of the BCIS offices may be slower than others.

My app was collecting dust and growing spider webs in Nebraska as gigibebe's application came and left Vermont.

And, now, I fear that mine is collecting more dust and spider webs in Moscow!!!

Of course, I can't imagine the frustration of those who have been put on the 18 month schedule (and I keep hoping that mine will be finished in less time than that :blink:).

I still get tears in my eyes when I think of Robhon having to say goodbye to his baby in the airport.

----- CK -----

What is the 18 month schedule? This is a new one on me.

For everyone always kidding people about living in Taxachusetts. As it turns out we have the fastest BCIS processing center in VT, averages about four (4) weeks to get K-1 APPROVAL. It also only takes a couple of hours to get your temporary, or one year EAD card. We get an AOS interview date, the day we file the paperwork. No worries about filing then waiting months to get an interview date, which can then be even more months away. If you do it (paperwork) correctly you will get your SSN in about two weeks.

So I must admit MA has one of the best track records in dealing with the BCIS Office in Boston and our local center in VT. Especially in light of all the horror stories I have heard about people from other areas trying to get EAD cards and SSN's.

Anyway congratulation on getting your interview date. BEST OF LUCK!!!!

Are you going to GZ!!!!!!!

For everyone always kidding people about living in Taxachusetts.  As it turns out we have the fastest BCIS processing center in VT, averages about four (4) weeks to get K-1 APPROVAL.  It also only takes a couple of hours to get your temporary, or one year EAD card.  We get an AOS interview date, the day we file the paperwork.  No worries about filing then waiting months to get an interview date, which can then be even more months away.  If you do it (paperwork) correctly you will get your SSN in about two weeks.

So I must admit MA has one of the best track records in dealing with the BCIS Office in Boston and our local center in VT.  Especially in light of all the horror stories I have heard about people from other areas trying to get EAD cards and SSN's.

Anyway congratulation on getting your interview date.  BEST OF LUCK!!!!

Are you going to GZ!!!!!!!

Iam in China right now with my fiancee and will be going to the interview at GZ also :rolleyes: