New Process to Transmit from NVC to GUZ

After our petition left NVC, I contacted DOS just 10 days later. To my surprise, DOS stated GUZ has received. When we emailed GUZ with the standard form, they said no record.... So, I tried to call using the PIN system through the call center in Shanghai. The result, no record... Well, ends up DOS was right. DOS said they are using a new process transferring all the applications electronically to GUZ. I was glad to hear this!!! So sure enough my fiance' received her P3 much earlier then the 2-3 months we've all come to expect. Actually, It took just about 3 weeks. So, In summary.... Sounds like we have a new process from NVC to GUZ, DOS information is the best, others are delayed/suspect at best. Hope this helps!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...l=&id=44336

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After our petition left NVC, I contacted DOS just 10 days later. To my surprise, DOS stated GUZ has received. When we emailed GUZ with the standard form, they said no record.... So, I tried to call using the PIN system through the call center in Shanghai. The result, no record... Well, ends up DOS was right. DOS said they are using a new process transferring all the applications electronically to GUZ. I was glad to hear this!!! So sure enough my fiance' received her P3 much earlier then the 2-3 months we've all come to expect. Actually, It took just about 3 weeks. So, In summary.... Sounds like we have a new process from NVC to GUZ, DOS information is the best, others are delayed/suspect at best. Hope this helps!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...l=&id=44336

This is pretty big news I cant believe no one has chimed in before now about this. Maybe everyone is waiting to see this be confirmed, as I have been.

BTW We are using the electronic processing, when I called DOS info I asked if the case would be sent electronically so it would bypass customs and I was told no it would go the old way via DHL through customs. But I know the answer you get by calling DOS can very from one minute to the next.

BTW This thread might be better in "First Steps".

Guest Pommey

NVC has been electronically sending the cases to GUZ for years to my knowledge (well all ours were in 2007). GUZ doesnt do anything with it until the paper file is collected from the warehouse.

With the new electronic filing of petitions instead of paper filing the question of whether GUZ will "open" files any faster is one we will have to wait to see, we have no data on that yet.

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

I can confirm that they are still sending the petitions by DHL as late as May. Some petitioners get lucky. The package sent a couple of days before ours was a small package and sailed through Customs without delay. The short delay might have been a fluke, not a change to procedure. GUZ had our petition electronically the same day. Once the physical package cleared Customs and was delivered to the Consulate, the Consulate sat on it a month.

I can confirm that they are still sending the petitions by DHL as late as May. Some petitioners get lucky. The package sent a couple of days before ours was a small package and sailed through Customs without delay. The short delay might have been a fluke, not a change to procedure. GUZ had our petition electronically the same day. Once the physical package cleared Customs and was delivered to the Consulate, the Consulate sat on it a month.

We need someone that has their case sent from NVC within the last 2-3 weeks to confirm through DOS I think. I'm aware of the discussion, I asked DOS this. So unless the person just didn't know why it happened, she said it's new....

Posted on Guangzhou website on May 14

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/nv..._petitions.html

If CR-1 then all electronic. K-1/K-3 still have to get P3 from consulate but still all electronic....according to the post.

Also they say "Under this program all documents related to your case will be sent to Guangzhou electronically, rather than by mail. This should greatly improve the speed and efficiency of visa processing by avoiding delays due to postal service delivery."

If CR-1 then all electronic. K-1/K-3 still have to get P3 from consulate but still all electronic....according to the post.

Also they say "Under this program all documents related to your case will be sent to Guangzhou electronically, rather than by mail. This should greatly improve the speed and efficiency of visa processing by avoiding delays due to postal service delivery."

Good stuff. Thanks.

If you are GZO, you are good to go. If you are GUZ, you're in for a long wait.

Guest jin979

Good stuff. Thanks.

If you are GZO, you are good to go. If you are GUZ, you're in for a long wait.

lets wait to see what the electronic wait will be.

intersting clear discrimination against K visa.

Yeah,my package was sent a small package,NVC sent feb 18th,cleared customs feb 26th,but still took a little over 2 months to enter our file in the computer.

My file was approved by USCIS on April 9th, sent electronically by NVC on April 14th and file sent to GUZ on April 20th. My financee received a P3 on May 15th. I called the state department they told me that P3 was sent on May 11th and that the process has changed. They are trying to have P3 sent by one month from date electronic file is sent by NVC, they also indicated that they were trying to reduce the normal time for interview of 6-8 weeks after P3 receipt. Based on DHL tracking I believe my hard file is still in customs delay. This process change makes sense since the consulate will have the hard file before interview and there is no apparent reason to have the hard file before sending the P3.

My file was approved by USCIS on April 9th, sent electronically by NVC on April 14th and file sent to GUZ on April 20th. My financee received a P3 on May 15th. I called the state department they told me that P3 was sent on May 11th and that the process has changed. They are trying to have P3 sent by one month from date electronic file is sent by NVC, they also indicated that they were trying to reduce the normal time for interview of 6-8 weeks after P3 receipt. Based on DHL tracking I believe my hard file is still in customs delay. This process change makes sense since the consulate will have the hard file before interview and there is no apparent reason to have the hard file before sending the P3.

This sounds to be a K# case and not a CR# case as the OP is posting about.

NVC has always sent ALL cases electronically; but for CR#, they required the physical file in hand before starting anything; not sure if this was because of the optional K3 or what. But that they appear to be possibly sending the materials now electronically is good, but does not yet show what this means for timeliness.

Historically, the CR# were discriminated against... so it may be about time they get their due reward for those willing to pursue it.

And this was posted already by others.. but we do need members to continuous post their experiences and observations.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

NVC has always sent ALL cases electronically; but for CR#, they required the physical file in hand before starting anything; not sure if this was because of the optional K3 or what. But that they appear to be possibly sending the materials now electronically is good, but does not yet show what this means for timeliness.

Historically, the CR# were discriminated against... so it may be about time they get their due reward for those willing to pursue it.

And this was posted already by others.. but we do need members to continuous post their experiences and observations.

My case is a K1 visa, what about your case, "brli"?

My case is a K1 visa, what about your case, "brli"?