Passport Renewal

My wife and stepdaughter's China passports are expiring in a few days. My understanding since we are in FL is to go to TX. Can we go to NY? We will be up north next month? Are there any alternatives. I cannot get the Chinese Consulate on the phone.

We've heard reports of people being turned away by the Chinese guards if they go to a consulate that doesn't serve their district.

We've also heard reports of people walking on in the next day, and the application being accepted.

I don't recall seeing any guards worth mentioning at the SF consulate. There were some rent a cops but they weren't doing much.I don't think you would have any problem getting it done in SF.

My wife and stepdaughter's China passports are expiring in a few days. My understanding since we are in FL is to go to TX. Can we go to NY? We will be up north next month? Are there any alternatives. I cannot get the Chinese Consulate on the phone.

I have seen posts of people having no problems visiting a different consulate for passport renewal, I would simply visit the one in NYC and give it a try. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I have seen posts of people having no problems visiting a different consulate for passport renewal, I would simply visit the one in NYC and give it a try.

My passport will be expired in July , I live in Arkansas, I supposed to go to Houston to get my renewal passport.

I am thinking I may have to take the trip to Texas.

I have seen posts of people having no problems visiting a different consulate for passport renewal, I would simply visit the one in NYC and give it a try.

My passport will be expired in July , I live in Arkansas, I supposed to go to Houston to get my renewal passport.

I am thinking I may have to take the trip to Texas.

Arkansas and Texas share a border so is not a big trip down to Huston, I use to run the highway from Texarcana down to Huston every so often.

The pain for the OP is they live in Florida which is several states away from Texas.

• 2 months later...

The Chinese consulate in Houston travels to other states in their consular district during the year to renew passports and other business. We were in the Houston consulate area, they came to Atlanta for 2 days and we were able to do it there, then they mailed the new passport to us. We were in North Georgia, so only about a 2 hour drive.

Call the consulate, make sure you use the right number. They responded to our email quickly also.

Steve