Ctrip.com - unreliable pain in the ass

So I booked a room in a hotel with ctrip.com at the "Jinjiang Inn-Chengdu Wenshufang Inn". All was good, or so I thought.

So I just went in to my ctrip account to double check, and I am so glad that I did, because it turns out that my booking was canceled less than 2 hours after I made it. :o I found the cancellation email buried in my Junk folder, and of course the only part that I can read is "Subject : The order has been cancelled. " :lol:

So now what? Call them all over again? How do I end this endless round of bullshit? Is there someone I can rely on to make a simple hotel booking without drama or making me jump through endless hoops?

Guest Tony n Terrific

So I booked a room in a hotel with ctrip.com at the "Jinjiang Inn-Chengdu Wenshufang Inn". All was good, or so I thought.

So I just went in to my ctrip account to double check, and I am so glad that I did, because it turns out that my booking was canceled less than 2 hours after I made it. :o I found the cancellation email buried in my Junk folder, and of course the only part that I can read is "Subject : The order has been cancelled. " :lol:

So now what? Call them all over again? How do I end this endless round of bullshit? Is there someone I can rely on to make a simple hotel booking without drama or making me jump through endless hoops?

I had the same thing happen to me with Vayama Travel. They could not arrange my trip amd cancelled it. However they dinged my CC for the airfare. I had the CC Co. reverse the cost immediately. Watch your CC statement.

Have you tried chinahotelsreservations.com

chinahotelsreservations.com says "domain for sale".

I tried chinahotelreservations.com, which forwarded to china-hotels.com.

However, that site does not have the hotel that my sweetie found for me. :lol:

I have used ctrip many times and have always had good experiences. What you describe is something that does happen occassionsally. It is rare but it does happen. I have had this same thing happen with expedia. When you book through a travel sight it usually says that the hotel/flight, etc will take a dfay or two to confirm.

By the way, I have stayed at that same hotel on 3 different occassions. Its a good place and you will like it. I would recommend having your lady call ctrip about this or just have her call the hotel directly to make reservations. Or you could even make the call. If I remember correctly, I did make reservations myself directly with this hotel. They faxed me a reservation form to fill out and fax back to them.

I have used ctrip many times and have always had good experiences. What you describe is something that does happen occassionsally. It is rare but it does happen. I have had this same thing happen with expedia. When you book through a travel sight it usually says that the hotel/flight, etc will take a dfay or two to confirm.

By the way, I have stayed at that same hotel on 3 different occassions. Its a good place and you will like it. I would recommend having your lady call ctrip about this or just have her call the hotel directly to make reservations. Or you could even make the call. If I remember correctly, I did make reservations myself directly with this hotel. They faxed me a reservation form to fill out and fax back to them.

So do they really take foreign credit cards, or will I need to prepay w/ cash?

So do they really take foreign credit cards, or will I need to prepay w/ cash?

Are you atlking about the hotel or ctrip? I guess it doesnt matter because they both accept foreign credit cards. The only stipulation with ctrip with taking foreign credit cards is that it has to be more than 24 hours before the reservation. I am not sure why this is, maybe they need the 1 day period to confirm authenticity of the card. But ctrip accepts paypal, this is usually how I pay with paypal. Also, the previous poster is correct, most hotels will accept reservation without credit card and hold the room until 6pm. Then you just pay with credit card when you arrive. Keep in mind that the price will be a bit better on ctrip usually. AND you want to make sure you book on the ENGLISH portion of ctrip and not the chinese portion of their site. On average the english portion is about 10% cheaper because they claim they do not have to charge some type of tax that they do on the chinese portion of their site.

By the way, if you stay at that hotel, you will find a good western restaraunt just right down the road from you. Its called Shamrock. Lots of expats there too. If you walk out of the main drive of the hotel just turn to ur right. Its down that road approximately 3km and it will be on the left side of the road. and directly across the street from shamrock is a little restaraunt called grandmas kitchen that has some pretty good western food too. and if u keep going another 1km or so u will come to the kempinski hotel on ur right. they have a very good restaraunt with some very good authentic western food (especially german) and some very good beer that they brew right there in the bar.

Guest jin979

let your fiancee/wife find the hotel will cost you alot less $ and will show trust. :)

He did. He is just trying to get it booked.

i mean let her book it or let her pay when you are there