Biometrics appt for I-751

I received the NOA for I-751 about 4 weeks ago. Still waiting for the biometrics appointment to come in the mail. How long should it take? If it takes too long is there anything I can do (looking up status somehow or calling someone)? Thanks.

Our biometrics appointment was less than 30 days after we filed, but that may have been a speed up in the process that the USCIS discovered and decided to delay a bit since then.

Unfortunately the receipt number for removal of conditions is a temporary number and will not show up on their on line processing site. They will assign a new case number with biometrics.

I'd give them another 30 days before taking any action, if you don't have anything by that time I'd suggest making an info pass appointment and see if they can give you an update.

Since the receipt arrived at the correct address I doubt you have any problem, they probably have changed the timing of the process again.

• 1 year later...

Bio happened about 1.5 months after filing for us, however it all depends on how busy your ASC is. The number on NOA1 letter worked on the USCIS status system, however the first date change happened a few days after BIO then Green Card a few months later.

See timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=1&id=24665

ours took a little over 2 months to get letter for Biometrics and almost 1 month after that for the appt: . most do go faster than that from what i have read. it took over 7 months total to finally get her green card (with her name wrong on it so we have to send back) but most do seem to go faster than ours. If you don't get your Bio appt: letter soon call the number on your receipt letter and ask about it.

Edited by d&z (see edit history)