Blue overcome!

Woo hoo :lol: I am talking to my sweetie, and she just received notice that she can come to Guangzhou with passport on Monday or Wednesday at 2 PM to receive her and the son's visa! Yay!

Unfortunately, I have no vacation left, and really want to come through POE with them, so we are most likely going to delay coming to America until July.

Woo hoo :lol: I am talking to my sweetie, and she just received notice that she can come to Guangzhou with passport on Monday or Wednesday at 2 PM to receive her and the son's visa! Yay!

Unfortunately, I have no vacation left, and really want to come through POE with them, so we are most likely going to delay coming to America until July.

yay, congrats!!

congratulations!

My thoughts exactly, "Great news........"

When you are at the beginning of the trail, it is really nice to see couples at the Finish of the GUZ journey. Congratulations on the overcome......

Besides there is nothing happening with the K visas for the past week that we know of at either Service Center (which I am not sure is a regular occurence), so thanks for breaking the tension. Great to see some actual progress in this process.

Wishing Jun a Happy Mother's Day.....

They can enter the POE at PDX. I agree with Rob, no need to fly there to come back with them.

There do not seem to be many flights that will get her directly to Portland to go through that POE. Right now, I can only find Northwest, and the bastards just started charging $50 for a second piece of checked baggage, Grrr. But we discussed it, and she would like to come on her own. I am a little concerned as she has never been out of China, and her English becomes very poor when she gets flustered (which could happen going through immigration). I think we will be discussing this some more before making a final decision.

They can enter the POE at PDX. I agree with Rob, no need to fly there to come back with them.

There do not seem to be many flights that will get her directly to Portland to go through that POE. Right now, I can only find Northwest, and the bastards just started charging $50 for a second piece of checked baggage, Grrr. But we discussed it, and she would like to come on her own. I am a little concerned as she has never been out of China, and her English becomes very poor when she gets flustered (which could happen going through immigration). I think we will be discussing this some more before making a final decision.

Northwest doesn't have the direct flight to Tokyo from Guangzhou anymore so she would have to go through Shanghai or Beijing. When my wife came here by herself the best fares we could find didn't include Northwest. I didn't want her to have to negotiate LAX by herself so I found an Asiana flight with a stop in Korea that brought her into Seattle as the POE. I drove up from Portland to meet her. It worked out fine, Seattle is an easy POE to navigate.