More details about 4-9-09 interview.

As told to me by our daughter.

From Wendy. K1 and K2 visa's

We arrived at the consulate at about 7:10 and waited in line outside. Entrance began at 7:40 and an officer checked everyones passport and appointment letter. After a security check (any electronic device is not allowed in)we went into the visa hall.After awhile,mums name was called and we went to the 24 window. A man asked for our P4 forms(we signed in front of him)all certificates that they require and I 134 forms with tax returns.We didn't show the '08 tax return and he didn't ask either. I thought he didn't even give a look at the date on the tax form because he did things so fast.

Then we waited and waited. Our number was not called until 10:00. We went to the 17th window and did the finger prints. During our waiting ,we noticed the male vo with curly hair in the 26th window was kind. Most people he interviewed got pink paper even though they did not speak English well. The young Asian female vo in the 22nd window was horrible. She gave pink paper rarely.

At about 11:30,mums name was called(its weird because they are suppose to call the interviewee's number but not by name,so mum thought there was something wrong with our fingerprints or documents). We went to the 19th or 20th window and there is an Asian middle aged female vo inside. Haven't expect this would be the interview,mum talked to her in Chinese. Following are the q's.

vo: Who is the petitioner?

How did you meet?

How many times has he been to China?

Why do you want to marry an American?

Why do you think he is the right person for you? (mum talked about honesty)

How do you know he is honest?

What does he do? How much money does he earn? How is his financial condition?

When did you get divorced? Why?

Why didn't you get married until now?

(mum gave her pictures of me and told her I played instruments.vo said her two sons also played music)

Who will attend your wedding? Why didn't you get married here in China? (while answering ,mum mentioned that my grandma was not quite agree with this marriage at first)

Your mother was not agree with your marriage? (Mum:Yes. The old are always concerned for me and my daughter,blah,blah,blah.... )

vo: Yes,that is understandable.

How many marriages does your fiance have? How many children does he have? How many brother and sisters? His finance is not good. Why does he want to support another child? (refering to me)

vo to me: What do you plan to do after moving there?

Vo to mum: How do you communicate?

Read his financial statement for me.

In the end,she signed the pink paper.

Dad,Thats all I can remember and I haven't written down our answers.I hope it will be enough.

Wendy

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on receiving the pick slip. My wife and I got blue our first trip. I was curious to know if your documentation included a lot of pictures or other evidence of your wife's relationhip to your daughter.

Our VO requested a ton of additional evidence including more photos of my wife/son together as well as additional information on her relationship to her ex-husband, and also details on how we we met and how we communicate. Would appreciate any words of wisdon you may have.

My best wishes to you and your new family.

Ning and Jim...

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on receiving the pick slip. My wife and I got blue our first trip. I was curious to know if your documentation included a lot of pictures or other evidence of your wife's relationhip to your daughter.

Our VO requested a ton of additional evidence including more photos of my wife/son together as well as additional information on her relationship to her ex-husband, and also details on how we we met and how we communicate. Would appreciate any words of wisdon you may have.

My best wishes to you and your new family.

Ning and Jim...

Sorry for the confusion. We are not married. It did not make sense to us to marry in case we were refused. What would we do then? My fiancee and I knew it was possible to get a white paper making a relationship nearly impossible. But,I did seriously consider moving to Hangzhou and I was looking at a Subway franchise for something to do there. Maybe I will do this anyway. We are keeping one of her apartments and just had it rebuilt for our future use. The daughter is actually my fiancees daughter (age 18). I have been calling them wife and daughter for so long and I should have made this more clear. We made a point of having many pictures of me with both of them and pictures of us together holding the local newspapers to prove the dates I was there. We saved the front pages of these papers and she took them to the interview. I don't think they looked at the papers ,but they did look at the pics.. I have heard others say that the vo's want to see camera printed dates on photo's. This is stupid. I can change the date to anything I want. I guess they don't know this. She was divorced over 10 years ago and her daughter is 18 so I think,in our case, the relationship with her ex was not so important,although it is good. With a younger Chinese child,I can see how this relationship is very important ( especially with a boy). How you met is quite important. The U.S. and Chinese governments do not like fake dating sites and for good reasons. We met on Asian Promise. It was founded by a Chinese woman that only wants to help real and honest Chinese women find western men specifically. No cost to men. We communicate mainly on Yahoo instant messenger and some emails. She brought the early emails. We talked daily on IM and I have printed all of them,but we printed one IM per week for the interview. They did need some editing. lol We have virtually no phone calls or text messages. With IM, these are not useful to us. Let me know if you have any more questions. I had two postings about the interview. Be sure to read them. Rod PS, they will be here in one week.