Returning to China for the 1st time

The three of us are returning to China for the first time since my wife and step-daughter came to the US. We are visiting the family in Hunan with some time in Beijing.

I am familiar with the Chinese Visa process for myself (a US Citizen), is anything needed for my Wife and Step-daughter ? They both have Chinese Passports and US Green-cards.

Any trouble getting back into China, any things to consider for them to be able to leave China and re-enter the US ?

The three of us are returning to China for the first time since my wife and step-daughter came to the US. We are visiting the family in Hunan with some time in Beijing.

I am familiar with the Chinese Visa process for myself (a US Citizen), is anything needed for my Wife and Step-daughter ? They both have Chinese Passports and US Green-cards.

Any trouble getting back into China, any things to consider for them to be able to leave China and re-enter the US ?

They will be fine with passports (for entry to China) and greencards (for return to US). Nothing else is needed. Just make sure plane tickets match their passport name.

Guest shutterbug

They will be fine with passports (for entry to China) and greencards (for return to US). Nothing else is needed. Just make sure plane tickets match their passport name.

Yes, that is correct. When leaving the US, show their green cards to the airline employee at the gate, along with their Chinese passports - the passports mean no visa is needed, while the green cards tell the airline not to collect I-94 (because there is none). On the return trip, show the same documents while going through immigration check at the airport and they will be allowed to leave.

This is very helpful, thank you very much !

We are in a situation where my wife's name is different on the airline tickets /Green Card (her married name), and her passport (her maiden name).

Is it as simple as bringing a copy of our marriage certificate or is more needed ?

Guest Pommey

its normal for chinese to keep their family name once married (no such thing as a maiden name) also keeping her family name makes things really easy.