italkbb

I noticed a $2.95 charge from italkbb on my credit card statement. I pay annually so I wondered, what the ....

Lily called them and they said they were now passing on government taxes/fees which, until now, they had absorbed.

Anyone else?

yep got it also.

Yes, I am now paying the fee too. I called them and they explained it to me this way. They said they had been exempt from such fees under Americam Law until this year when Congress passed a new law covering any web based phone service that does business in the U.S. Sounds believeable.

Told us the same thing.

Ours went up to $27.99 monthly.

yep got it also.

Yes, I am now paying the fee too. I called them and they explained it to me this way. They said they had been exempt from such fees under Americam Law until this year when Congress passed a new law covering any web based phone service that does business in the U.S. Sounds believeable.

Guest shutterbug

I have been using iTalkBB for over two years now. I am surprised how long it took them to add the taxes to the monthly bill. All incumbent telcos (AT&T, Verizon, etc.) had it on their monthly billing statements for ages, even Vonage have had it for years. Somehow iTalkBB was flying under the radar for a while, but the tax has finally caught up with it.