"Documents Only" envelope VS Barcode Coversheet Address

Dear Forum Members,

Quick sanity check before I mail out my Affidavit of support here.

On the envelope which I received with the AOS bill packet instructing me to use to return requested documents, the last four digits after the 5 digit zip code have one digit that is different than what is on the bar coded coversheet.

envelope:

ATTN CMR

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

32 ROCHESTER AVENUE

PORTSMOUTH NH 08801-2901

bar coded coversheet:

National Visa Center

Attn. CMR AOS

32 Rochester Avenue

Portsmouth, NH 08801-2909

so where do I mail this darn thing and must I use this flimsy envelope? I am guessing the coversheet has the 'more' correct address. Maybe they just had a bunch of extra printed stationary they are trying to get rid of with the AOS packets :blink: However, I don't want to guess. I (finally) got all my paperwork in order and am ready to send this packet out tomorrow! yeah.......hope it gets there...A recent/ongoing problem with something I mailed to the IRS has shaken my faith in anything arriving where or when it is 'suppose to'....waaaaah

I have read many peoples comments about sending both packages in one envelope to one address, the separate envelopes inside have the 2 different addresses. CMR is for DS-230 and the documents.

CMR AOS is for the I-864 and the tax documents. I paid twice, and sent in two separate envelopes to two different addresses. My packages didn't make next day delivery, and as guaranteed, the USPS refunded my complete postage fee and my packages were delivered 2nd day, with electronic tracking and proof of receipt. I think your packages are safe either way, 1 or 2 envelopes. The thinking is that they will arrive at the NVC together, and not get lost.

Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

I have read many peoples comments about sending both packages in one envelope to one address, the separate envelopes inside have the 2 different addresses. CMR is for DS-230 and the documents.

CMR AOS is for the I-864 and the tax documents. I paid twice, and sent in two separate envelopes to two different addresses. My packages didn't make next day delivery, and as guaranteed, the USPS refunded my complete postage fee and my packages were delivered 2nd day, with electronic tracking and proof of receipt. I think your packages are safe either way, 1 or 2 envelopes. The thinking is that they will arrive at the NVC together, and not get lost.

Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

hmm..ok I see you are talking about both the applicant processing and affidavit of support doc's. I actually just sent in the applicant processing documents last week, and I just used the coversheet address, since I only received the notification via email for that 400 fee and such so I never actually received an envelope for those documents.

I am now only mailing my AOS documents. But that particular envelope that I mentioned actually came in the AOS package which I did receive in the mail....So although I'm still a bit confused, it seems like AOS papers should go to the address that says AOS on the bar coded coversheet.....so I'm thinking that's just what I will do... :blink:

AOS, is Affidavit of Support, if you already sent them, then you should send the Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230) and the Original Documents to the CMR address!

AOS = Affidavit of Support = I-864 and tax documents

CMR = Immigrant Visa Application = DS-230 and Original Documents

Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

I am a little confused, because you say you sent applicant processing docs, usually the AOS, processes first, our $70 fee bill and the envelope came with the DS-3032. It is the first notification you get from the NVC. It seems that maybe you processed in a slightly different, time line, but it will not affect the outcome in any way. I just assumed the order of the processing, without really looking at your post, and your wording is slightly different, I hope I haven't confused you.

Then after the DS-3032 is processed, the Immigrant Visa Application Fee, comes next, when that is paid you get the DS-230, the list of documents to send, and you can print both the receipt and the cover letter. You want to be sure and include a copy of your receipt in each package. I made my own cover letter listing the contents in the order I included them in the package.

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

The CMR AOS envelope came with the first mailing, AOS FEE ($70) BILL.

The CMR envelope came with the letter that confirmed receipt DS-3032.

You can add the AOS and change the 1 to a 9, and send your AOS package(I-864 and the tax documents)

They are both in the same building, even if you just put ATTN: AOS on the CMR envelope it will get there. Relax, it will be OK, Mike & Yizhen

Could you be part of the recent pilot program, which lets you submit the documents electronically? That could also be part of the confusion!

You didn't mention how you submitted the DS-3032, mail or email. We sent both email and mail, we received a confirmation letter stating who the registered agent was, and that included the CMR envelope.

no, sadly, I think I just missed that pilot program, but maybe my case was partially handled via email if my timeline is a bit different. I never received a physical package in the mail with instructions for applicant processing after NVC received the completed DS-3032, just an email with instructions and the link to the immigrantvisas.state.gov website. (which was interesting b/c I intentionally DID NOT put email info on the DS-3032 b/c I like to physically receive mail, and the email address they used to bill me for the applicant processing was just one of the 2 email addresses I listed as 'my mail receipt/coversheet to' email addresses following payment of the AOS bill...)

The CMR AOS envelope came with the first mailing, AOS FEE ($70) BILL.

no, actually that envelope I received with my first and only mailing for the 70USD AOS fee does not have AOS in the address. Just ATTN CMR

In terms of billing, yes I received the AOS bill first but that is when I received that CMR envelope, and then the applicant processing bill came via email right after NVC received the completed DS-3032 form from China. Even more confusing is the email attachment said attachment 'envelope' but since it was an email, there actually was no attached envelope....so I just mailed that one to the address on the coversheet, which, probably actually is the same as the address on that envelope I received with the AOS bill. (Confusing huh?)

ATTN: AOS on the CMR envelope it will get there

Yes, I think so too.. Anyway I also emailed NVC, but I think that if it goes to the address on the coversheet, and says AOS (as it does on the coversheet) then it should be 'ok'.

Edited by baobeizhu (see edit history)

It is the same building, two different departments, you will be OK no matter what you do, Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

We never received a physical package either, that stopped in September 2008. They must have sent you the wrong envelope the first time, and forgot to send you an envelope with the confirmation of Choice of Agent DS-3032. You will be on your way to GUZ very soon!

I am not trying to argue with you, I am trying to help! I hope you are seeing it that way, Mike & Yizhen

haha, sorry, I hope you didn't get that impression...I was just getting myself all confused, and trying to get sorted out. ("Sometimes it takes a while for me to get something pounded into my hard head hehe. :P ) Thank you everyone for you answers!!!

It will work out, I was trying to help get things sorted out, but my picture wasn't helping you much. I was one of the first people here that paid the fees on line, received the forms online, and had to send original documents to the NVC. It was chaos at the candle. Together it always gets sorted out, good luck, Mike & Yizhen

It will work out, I was trying to help get things sorted out, but my picture wasn't helping you much. I was one of the first people here that paid the fees on line, received the forms online, and had to send original documents to the NVC. It was chaos at the candle. Together it always gets sorted out, good luck, Mike & Yizhen

Thanks! in anycase, my AOS is in the mail....phewwwwwww

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so as a follow up, I never got a specific reply from the NVC on my envelope question before I mailed the documents*, but just today I did receive this reply w/ my question at the bottom of the email:

Good day,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the designated representative of this case (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will be notified. The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

So...Does this mean my case is complete and being shipped off to GUZ or am I still waiting on some other sort of formal approval from NVC? I'm leaving for China this week and will likely be stuck in quarantine for a while if my recent luck continues...but I just like to know what I should be expecting in snail or email. :ph34r:

-------

*tangent: priority mail is really not processed any faster than regular mail. I mailed the visa docs on a Thursday via priority (5 buckaroos). I mailed my AOS docs via express the FOLLOWING Thursday ($17). Both packages arrived on the exact same Friday morning in NH.