Starting I-130

Ok I am now filling out the I130 here in China and I have a couple of questions.

1) My wife has and english name she has used since I met her. I do sometimes use her chinese name but my family all know her by her english name as that is how I introduced them on the telephone. All of our email are addressed to and closed with her english name. On the I130 I believe it askes the question does she go by any other name I guess I need to put in her english name. She never uses this name in china for anything but between us only.

2) Let me list what I believe is everything I need to file the paperwork.

Also is this the point I front load the docs.

I130

G325A for both of us

My birth cert

Our marriage license translated

My divorce record

some of our pictures together

letters from our families

we were just married so we have nothing joint together yet

Is there anything I am missing or wrong about? I have read VJ list and just like to put things into my own words to be clear.

thanks

JS

Ok I am now filling out the I130 here in China and I have a couple of questions.

1) My wife has and english name she has used since I met her. I do sometimes use her chinese name but my family all know her by her english name as that is how I introduced them on the telephone. All of our email are addressed to and closed with her english name. On the I130 I believe it askes the question does she go by any other name I guess I need to put in her english name. She never uses this name in china for anything but between us only.

2) Let me list what I believe is everything I need to file the paperwork.

Also is this the point I front load the docs.

I130

G325A for both of us

My birth cert

Our marriage license translated

My divorce record

some of our pictures together

letters from our families

we were just married so we have nothing joint together yet

Is there anything I am missing or wrong about? I have read VJ list and just like to put things into my own words to be clear.

thanks

JS

I would only mention names that are documented, no need to include any others.

Yes this is the time to give all information. Make sure you give copies and not originals. If the need orginals, they will ask for it. Make a complete copy of what you file, maybe even 2 in case it is lost. I know of situations where they simply say they lost the paperwork.

and keep all you paper work in order.

Read the I-130 instructions from front to back, then again. You will miss something, at least I did. :ranting:

I would also have her sign and Not date 2 more copies of the G325a(8 pages), just in case.

write an evolution of your relationship letter. She doesn't have to do the same at this point.

go and take passport pictures on white background of both of you.

You want receipts of your trip or trips to china, such as Plane tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts, resturants, phone records... pictures in front of something showing you are with her in China., really anything that might prove your relationship. emails, chats.

That was a quick mind dump... you may have already asked this question, but without back reading I thought I would add this.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

If the name was never used legally, then it is only a nickname, no need to list it for the paper work. You only send photo copies with the I-130, the originals will be sent to the NVC later. Don't get too far ahead of yourself, the police report has a shorter life span. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

Were you married in 2008? Did you file your taxes married jointly? If you didn't, maybe you should file an amended return and a W-7 so she is on your taxes. The additional refund check will have both of your names, keep a copy. I am sure you will get many more ideas,use what you can!

Thanks so far,

We were just married yesterday. I did already get the marriage book translated and stamped. We did not take wedding pictures yet since the wedding party will not be until late June when my family can attend. My parents and sister and niece will come for that. I leave in 2 days but perhaps we will get some wedding pictures in the morning.