Cleaning the House

I was washing some clothes yesterday. The washer and dryer are located in the garage, and I noticed vast amounts of lint, dirt, soot, and assorted other things that had adhered to the washer and dryer, so I took a minute and cleaned them. I was satisfied with the results. Then it dawned on me that what I had done was simply to move the washer and dryer from a state of dung heap accessory to one of acceptable dirtiness.

I am beginning the think that this is our (male) problem. We have lived with an acceptable level of dirt for so long that when we finally get around to cleaning up, we do no more than put our houses and apartments into a state of just plain dirty - a vast improvement for us, but still not really clean.

This observation was once confirmed when my bachelor brother had the family over of a Thanksgiving dinner once. He spent the entire previous day cleaning the house, but when mom arrived, the first words out of her mouth were something having to do with living in a pig sty.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that Jingwen's acceptable clean level is a lot higher than mine, sorta like the difference between Mount Everest and Death Valley.

Are our fiancees/spouses that fastidious or are we just pigs? oink, oink :D

Me thinks we be porkers.  :D

I would agree. Li is able to find dirt, lint, hair, and anything else that may be lurking about. Most of the homes I visited in China, at least the ones where women were in residence, we spotlessly clean.

You know...I've been thinking long and hard about the clean up issue. Why should we clean, guys??? I mean...a woman is only truly happy when she can feel fulfilled and has something to nag about. Isn't that factual? Yeah...I'll fix up the yard and take care of the dog drool on the walls. That's a bit over the top. I'll even get the poop stains cleaned off the carpet. But, the garage and horrid pantry? My piles of "stuff?" Naw....I ain't touching it. Don't want her to be bored now, do I? I've seen her in action. It'll be much like Don's wife. It won't be long before I'm handed a broom and be told what to do. I'll just have to remind her of the national law that all males are required to watch football on Sundays.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/f/jump.gif

I believe there is a clause in the sunday football law that allows you to opt for college football on saturday if you prefer. Also in section 2 I believe it says under no circumstances is a vacuum cleaner to be operated while a football game is in progress.

I will try to keep this post within the family guidelines of Candle. Now, about the football...I once heard a story of a guy who's wife was complaining that, due to extensive football watching, he was not giving her enough sexual activity. So.....according to the account, he had her get down on all-fours in front of the set and got behind her and.....

Well....you get the picture. :D

Story has it things were going ok until he put a bowl of popcorn on her back. :blush: :lol: :D

I will try to keep this post within the family guidelines of Candle. Now, about the football...I once heard a story of a guy who's wife was complaining that, due to extensive football watching, he was not giving her enough sexual activity. So.....according to the account, he had her get down on all-fours in front of the set and got behind her and.....

Well....you get the picture. :o

Story has it things were going ok until he put a bowl of popcorn on her back.  :blink:  :o  ;)

Well, while she's there anyway, could she also scrub the dog poop stains out of the carpet? Just thinking outside the box.........(aren't I punny?)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/pacsmile.gif

Well....you get the picture. :o

Story has it things were going ok until he put a bowl of popcorn on her back.  :lol:  :huh:  :D

Well, while she's there anyway, could she also scrub the dog poop stains out of the carpet? Just thinking outside the box.........(aren't I punny?)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/pacsmile.gif

What box are you referring to Dave? :lol:

Are our fiancees/spouses that fastidious or are we just pigs?  oink, oink :lol:

I've always wished for a place that when I got ready to clean it I could just pull out the pressure washer, hose it down real quick, and be done with it. I especially hate dusting. Are you making any progress?

Are our fiancees/spouses that fastidious or are we just pigs?  oink, oink :P

I've always wished for a place that when I got ready to clean it I could just pull out the pressure washer, hose it down real quick, and be done with it. I especially hate dusting. Are you making any progress?

That's not a bad idea Robert. Just blast it with a pressure hose. Maybe use a super-charged Water Pic for those hard to get to places. Dusting? What's that? :) :D :huh:

I took a minute and cleaned them.  I was satisfied with the results.

Have you made any progress? You know you'll be liable for a white gloves inspection.

Not really. Besides, the house will be a total mess in a couple of weeks anyway, so why bother to really clean it now. :o

But I did have a small run in the the garbage man who did not think that what I was putting on the curb for pick up could have come from a residence. This junk had to sit for a few extra days, waiting for the special pick up to show up - you know, assorted pieces parts - half a lawnmower, old bed frames, boxes filled with who knows what, paint cans, heavily used spare tires, parts of old cars, etc. Why I ever kept this stuff is beyond me.

As I sit on my throne(with the medical tape covering the crack in the seat so it don't pinch my butt) and look around at all the nooks and crannies that dust and dirt gather in I begin to understand the detail that a woman puts into her home. I think I will just hire some merry maids to clean house on my final trip so it will be clean when she gets here :o or maybe just hire a few of those illegal aliens they caught and released cleaning wal-mart.