I'm a really happy camper today. My wife and I have been preparing the "kitchen sink" of evidence that we will need later in the Visa process. Today I received a new addition to the "kitchen sink". These are written statements from her family and friends. The statements detail the progress of our relationship, and my involvement with her family. Each statement is in both Chinese and English, and includes photocopies of ID cards of the person writing it. Each statement is also signed and dated. My wife rocks!!!!!

I hope these documents will be helpful. Any input or help is greatly appreciated as always.

Take care everyone,
Matt

I'm a really happy camper today. My wife and I have been preparing the "kitchen sink" of evidence that we will need later in the Visa process. Today I received a new addition to the "kitchen sink". These are written statements from her family and friends. The statements detail the progress of our relationship, and my involvement with her family. Each statement is in both Chinese and English, and includes photocopies of ID cards of the person writing it. Each statement is also signed and dated. My wife rocks!!!!!

I hope these documents will be helpful. Any input or help is greatly appreciated as always.

Take care everyone,

Matt

You can get them notarized.

Ya know Matt...I want to think that the USCIS would see that there are 2 mature people who are legally married and want to live together in the US. Of course they want to keep the criminal element out of the country, but do they really accomplish this even with the countries in America? Why all of this redundant paper work, documents and proof? And why the wait times of nearly a year and sometimes much more? Maybe they don't have the financial resources to hire more people...when it's time to buy a billion dollar weapon or attack a country there's always the funds available. I'm just venting the thoughts of many going through this tedious process.

ZZ

When I filed I-130 for my husband in Nov 2007, we had his family and teacher, boss and friends in China wrote letters abour our relationship too. The letters were all offically translated in Chinese and English and their Chinese ID attached to them too.

I sent them off for I-130 and for I-129F (K-3) as well then told VO at his interview that the letters are available if VO decided he wants to see it.

I don't think the letters are neccessary, but to me, always better to have more supporting documents ready then short of them.

Good luck with your petition journey.