Anyone been to ACH recently?

This is for non-immigrant visas

American citizens are not permitted to accompany NIV applicants (friends, relatives, employees, etc.) to their interview. Instead, if they have general non-immigrant visa questions, they are encouraged to speak to an officer during American citizen hour, which is held each Monday afternoon from 3:00 - 4:00 PM in the NIV waiting room. Please note that specific case information cannot be shared nor can a case be pre-adjudicated.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

Randy, did they change the link in your previous post, from last year (#4) ? http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...an+citizen+hour

I really don't care, after three of them, I doubt there will be another for me; but they should clarify the website for others who follow, and list the two together with the definition of each. In the IV page you have posted, they have buried it where you have to really look. :lol: :)

Yes - I guess the point is that there may be two different hours - one for IV, one for NIV - that you really have to be there to know what's going on, and that the fun and games go on from 1 to 4PM

Maybe a good question for USCONGUZ. If they even come around anymore that is.

U.S. citizen petitioner hour moving to Monday Starting on July 23, 2007, U.S. citizen petitioner hour will be held on Mondays, rather than Fridays.  Petitioner hours will take place each Monday from 14:30 to 15:30pm. We recommend that you arrive at the consulate around 14:00 in order to go through security check procedures. At 14:30, we will stop admitting petitioners into the Immigrant Visa waiting room and will promptly begin the session at that time.
Extracted from this corrupt page in the IV unit notice page.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/u....oving_to_monday

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_announcement.htm

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

This is for non-immigrant visas

American citizens are not permitted to accompany NIV applicants (friends, relatives, employees, etc.) to their interview. Instead, if they have general non-immigrant visa questions, they are encouraged to speak to an officer during American citizen hour, which is held each Monday afternoon from 3:00 - 4:00 PM in the NIV waiting room. Please note that specific case information cannot be shared nor can a case be pre-adjudicated.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

Randy, did they change the link in your previous post, from last year (#4) ? http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...an+citizen+hour

I really don't care, after three of them, I doubt there will be another for me; but they should clarify the website for others who follow, and list the two together with the definition of each. In the IV page you have posted, they have buried it where you have to really look. :rolleyes: :D

Yes - I guess the point is that there may be two different hours - one for IV, one for NIV - that you really have to be there to know what's going on, and that the fun and games go on from 1 to 4PM

Maybe a good question for USCONGUZ. If they even come around anymore that is.

Yes Dave, and that is food for another thread/topic. B)

Unless I am reading the forum/thread wrong, it looks like their last response was on Feb 3, 2008 ?

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.htm

The Immigrant Visa Unit accepts inquiries regarding specific cases through an email form on its website: http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/iv/email.html. If you don¡¯t have access to the internet, you may send your inquiry via mail or fax at (86-20) 3884-4412. The IV Unit can only respond to inquiries from applicants, petitioners, and attorneys of record.

U.S. Citizen petitioners who would like general information on the Immigrant Visa process in Guangzhou may attend an information session hosted by Consular Officers on Mondays at 2:00pm. The purpose of these sessions is to address frequently asked questions and provide you with a better understanding of the process. Cases cannot and will not be re-adjudicated at petitioner hour. Additional materials for cases that have already been interviewed cannot be submitted during these sessions.

I made it to the ACH, I arrived at 1 pm like the guard told me, we lined up on the fourth floor, there were several different groups all waiting to get upstairs. I was the third USC in line, the first two had their wife/fiancee with them. We waited as the line grew. Several people from the other groups moved ahead of us in the line, trying to get upstairs first, but they let the USC's up first. Once up to the fifth floor, we were directed to a special window, where we waited until 2pm to get pre-interviewed for the question period.

We were given numbers and a sheet to write the vital info, petitioner's name, beneficiary's name, GUZ number, birth date, email, and phone number. Then room to write the questions.

At about 2:30, I was the first called, you know how they defy the number system in GUZ, the VO was very nice, he reassured me that the process of IR-1 after the K-3 was not a rare occurrence and that he did not see any problems in my file. My next question was about the Original Docs we submitted to the NVC, and he said he had not been asked about the docs before. I asked if there was a special form or if we needed to supply copies so they could return the originals. He said he was not sure but that he would go and ask. When he returned, he began typing in the computer and said that the original docs were now being returned in the sealed envelope that is sent with the passport, he was not sure if we got them at the POE or if they would be mailed to us from DHS after entry. I sat with a few other fellas until the last number was called, it was one of the 2 guys that was in line before me. One of the guys actually got to speak with a supervisor, after everyone was served. There was maybe 10 VO's, and it went pretty quickly, we were out before 3:30.

I guess everyone was right, 1pm, 1:30 pm, 2pm, 2:15 cutoff at the fourth floor, 2:30 to 3:30 with the VO's. I hope this helps, and I welcome any help, if this should be rewritten to make it easier to understand. Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

I made it to the ACH, I arrived at 1 pm like the guard told me, we lined up on the fourth floor, there were several different groups all waiting to get upstairs. I was the third USC in line, the first two had their wife/fiancee with them. We waited as the line grew. Several people from the other groups moved ahead of us in the line, trying to get upstairs first, but they let the USC's up first. Once up to the fifth floor, we were directed to a special window, where we waited until 2pm to get pre-interviewed for the question period.

We were given numbers and a sheet to write the vital info, petitioner's name, beneficiary's name, GUZ number, birth date, email, and phone number. Then room to write the questions.

At about 2:30, I was the first called, you know how they defy the number system in GUZ, the VO was very nice, he reassured me that the process of IR-1 after the K-3 was not a rare occurrence and that he did not see any problems in my file. My next question was about the Original Docs we submitted to the NVC, and he said he had not been asked about the docs before. I asked if there was a special form or if we needed to supply copies so they could return the originals. He said he was not sure but that he would go and ask. When he returned, he began typing in the computer and said that the original docs were now being returned in the sealed envelope that is sent with the passport, he was not sure if we got them at the POE or if they would be mailed to us from DHS after entry. I sat with a few other fellas until the last number was called, it was one of the 2 guys that was in line before me. One of the guys actually got to speak with a supervisor, after everyone was served. There was maybe 10 VO's, and it went pretty quickly, we were out before 3:30.

I guess everyone was right, 1pm, 1:30 pm, 2pm, 2:15 cutoff at the fourth floor, 2:30 to 3:30 with the VO's. I hope this helps, and I welcome any help, if this should be rewritten to make it easier to understand. Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

congrats!!!

Nice write up Mike. Always best to get info from boots on the ground. :lol: