Anyone been to ACH recently?

From GUZ website:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

General Information

American Citizen Hour

American citizens are not permitted to accompany NIV applicants (friends, relatives, employees, etc.) to their interview. Instead, if they have general non-immigrant visa questions, they are encouraged to speak to an officer during American citizen hour, which is held each Monday afternoon from 3:00 - 4:00 PM in the NIV waiting room. Please note that specific case information cannot be shared nor can a case be pre-adjudicated.

Good luck with the interview!!

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

From GUZ website:

General Information

American Citizen Hour

American citizens are not permitted to accompany NIV applicants (friends, relatives, employees, etc.) to their interview. Instead, if they have general non-immigrant visa questions, they are encouraged to speak to an officer during American citizen hour, which is held each Monday afternoon from 3:00 - 4:00 PM in the NIV waiting room. Please note that specific case information cannot be shared nor can a case be pre-adjudicated.

LOL, changed again? :lol:

From GUZ website:

General Information

American Citizen Hour

LOL, changed again? :lol:

Like Chicago weather. :)

Dave, that notice says NVI, non immigrant visas, and all K and CR/IR visas are immigrant visas. Several people have posted the 2:30 to 3:30 time with a 2 to 2:15 sign in. I will just have to go to the consulate today and try to get the answer. I will post in the Pinned ACH / ACS thread. Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

Dave, that notice says NVI, non immigrant visas, and all K and CR/IR visas are immigrant visas. Several people have posted the 2:30 to 3:30 time with a 2 to 2:15 sign in. I will just have to go to the consulate today and try to get the answer. I will post in the Pinned ACH / ACS thread. Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

Good luck for the interview!!

You know Mike, the more I think about this, I have never before heard of two [different] type ACH's, being discussed here at CFL, with respect to actual attendance. I just saw the post of that one member awhile back who made this observation and everyone sort'a kind'a bought in to it. Nor have I ever heard of someone going to the 'wrong' ACH and being turned away. My gut feeling is, this is the one and only one.

I could see so much confusion otherwise, if there were two separate ACH's. Furthermore, if there were, GUZ would have a big notice attached to there link, to prevent the obvious confusion.

Just my thought, after looking at all the posts in this thread and the other one.

I do remember the time change from my first/second ACH to the last (third) one I attended. I remember I got there a little late and was at the end of the sign-in line, and didn't get called until almost 4:00 and didn't get out of there until after 4:00.

My wife was waiting the entire time in the coffee shop below, and wondered if they had incarcerated me !! :lol: :P

I think the link I posted in the other thread, and the same one IDave posted here, is the correct info; absent them having again recently changed the time, and forgot to update the website.

Anyway, I am sure you will be able to figure it out after your re-con of the Consulate today.

Rog :cheering:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

You know Mike, the more I think about this, I have never before heard of two [different] type ACH's, being discussed here at CFL, with respect to actual attendance. I just saw the post of that one member awhile back who made this observation and everyone sort'a kind'a bought in to it. Nor have I ever heard of someone going to the 'wrong' ACH and being turned away. My gut feeling is, this is the one and only one.

I could see so much confusion otherwise, if there were two separate ACH's. Furthermore, if there were, GUZ would have a big notice attached to there link, to prevent the obvious confusion.

Just my thought, after looking at all the posts in this thread and the other one.

I do remember the time change from my first/second ACH to the last (third) one I attended. I remember I got there a little late and was at the end of the sign-in line, and didn't get called until almost 4:00 and didn't get out of there until after 4:00.

My wife was waiting the entire time in the coffee shop below, and wondered if they had incarcerated me !! :lol: ;)

I think the link I posted in the other thread, and the same one IDave posted here, is the correct info; absent them having again recently changed the time, and forgot to update the website.

Anyway, I am sure you will be able to figure it out after your re-con of the Consulate today.

Rog :)

No - there is an immigrant ACH and a non-immigrant (for student, work, etc visas). We're all handled by the IV dept, so we go to the IV ACH.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.htm

The Immigrant Visa Unit accepts inquiries regarding specific cases through an email form on its website: http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/iv/email.html. If you don¡¯t have access to the internet, you may send your inquiry via mail or fax at (86-20) 3884-4412. The IV Unit can only respond to inquiries from applicants, petitioners, and attorneys of record.

U.S. Citizen petitioners who would like general information on the Immigrant Visa process in Guangzhou may attend an information session hosted by Consular Officers on Mondays at 2:00pm. The purpose of these sessions is to address frequently asked questions and provide you with a better understanding of the process. Cases cannot and will not be re-adjudicated at petitioner hour. Additional materials for cases that have already been interviewed cannot be submitted during these sessions.

This is for non-immigrant visas - even though K-visas are considered non-immigrant visas, they are handled by the Immigrant Visa dept.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

It is even more muddled, I just went to the consulate, and they are very crowded with appointments and I was # 13 to be handled if they got the appointments out of the way. There were no seats and people standing, some of them may not have taken a number. Any how, I decided to ask 1 of the guards. They told me that NIV ACH was 3 to 4 and IV ACH was 1:30 to 2:30, so now we have even more questions. I guess I will go over there at 1pm and just wait until I get to ask the VO what the story is along with my questions. I do remember that there was 2 different ACH hours back in 2007 when I went for the K-3, but I think they were on different days. It probably doesn't make any difference which one you go to, it is probably the same VO's. Waiting for the further adventures ! ! Mike & Yizhen

by the way, Yizhen was telling me 1pm from 001

also, there is something about American Petitioner's Hour under the Immigrant Visa section on the GUZ website, but I can't read it, it comes out in computer code

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

This is for non-immigrant visas

Randy, did they change the link in your previous post, from last year (#4) ? http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...an+citizen+hour

I really don't care, after three of them, I doubt there will be another for me; but they should clarify the website for others who follow, and list the two together with the definition of each. In the IV page you have posted, they have buried it where you have to really look. :lol: :)

This is for non-immigrant visas

Randy, did they change the link in your previous post, from last year (#4) ? http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...an+citizen+hour

I really don't care, after three of them, I doubt there will be another for me; but they should clarify the website for others who follow, and list the two together with the definition of each. In the IV page you have posted, they have buried it where you have to really look. :lol: :)

Yes - I guess the point is that there may be two different hours - one for IV, one for NIV - that you really have to be there to know what's going on, and that the fun and games go on from 1 to 4PM