Request more info + 2nd interview

Hello everyone here at CFL,

If you haven't following my recent posts: my fiancee had her k1 visa interview on March 16th 2009, we recieved a blue slip requesting for co-sponsorship. We mailed the overcome docs in on April 2nd 2009. We finally recieved the "call-in" letter yesterday April 25 2009.

However, the call-in letter has two boxes: 1)"congrats your case has been approved..." 2)"please gather the below listed material and come to GUZ embassy Mon-Wed at 2pm. You case requires 2nd interview,fingerprint."

Unfortunately we had the 2nd box checked. :yahoo:

The requested info include the following (note I have not seen the letter itself, just what I could get from my fiancee through the phone):

- Criminal record report

- If benificiary cannot arrive in the US by xx-xx-xxxx date (there is no specific date listed) please provide new criminal record report

- Certificate of Unmarried

- If benificiary cannot arrive in the US by xx-xx-xxxx date (again, no specific date is given) please provide new certificate of unmarried

- Medical exam report

- (I believe the next line was also saying "if cannot arrive by etc...")

I assume what they are sayings is that if any of the listed material are going to expire soon (ie expire before applicant reaches US port of entry) then she needs to bring a new one. That's why the dates are all "xx-xx-xxxx" because they don't know when that specific doc will expire?

Here are my questions:

1) Should my fiancee just go and get new docs? Does anyone know the expiration dates for these docs?

2) What exactly is this "2nd interview"? What are the chances they will deny us? (Just to recap, in GUZ's e-mail reply, they had said "your fiancee's case has been reviewed and will be approved", perhaps this is what they mean:come by again and we will approve you?

3) My fiancee just had her Medical exam in Guangzhou in March, a few days before her interview on March 16th. Do we really need a new one?

4) Does anyone have any experience with this "2nd interview"? I would really appreciate any advise!!

Thanks everybody!

Hello everyone here at CFL,

If you haven't following my recent posts: my fiancee had her k1 visa interview on March 16th 2009, we recieved a blue slip requesting for co-sponsorship. We mailed the overcome docs in on April 2nd 2009. We finally recieved the "call-in" letter yesterday April 25 2009.

However, the call-in letter has two boxes: 1)"congrats your case has been approved..." 2)"please gather the below listed material and come to GUZ embassy Mon-Wed at 2pm. You case requires 2nd interview,fingerprint."

Unfortunately we had the 2nd box checked. :blink:

The requested info include the following (note I have not seen the letter itself, just what I could get from my fiancee through the phone):

- Criminal record report

- If benificiary cannot arrive in the US by xx-xx-xxxx date (there is no specific date listed) please provide new criminal record report

- Certificate of Unmarried

- If benificiary cannot arrive in the US by xx-xx-xxxx date (again, no specific date is given) please provide new certificate of unmarried

- Medical exam report

- (I believe the next line was also saying "if cannot arrive by etc...")

I assume what they are sayings is that if any of the listed material are going to expire soon (ie expire before applicant reaches US port of entry) then she needs to bring a new one. That's why the dates are all "xx-xx-xxxx" because they don't know when that specific doc will expire?

Here are my questions:

1) Should my fiancee just go and get new docs? Does anyone know the expiration dates for these docs?

2) What exactly is this "2nd interview"? What are the chances they will deny us? (Just to recap, in GUZ's e-mail reply, they had said "your fiancee's case has been reviewed and will be approved", perhaps this is what they mean:come by again and we will approve you?

3) My fiancee just had her Medical exam in Guangzhou in March, a few days before her interview on March 16th. Do we really need a new one?

4) Does anyone have any experience with this "2nd interview"? I would really appreciate any advise!!

Thanks everybody!

I'd say unless you plan on a lengthy delay in her coming to the US you should be good to go with the current docs. That's most likely just form language they use for cases where there have been long delays between first and second interviews. Doesn't sound like that's the case for you.

From the info you've provided I'd say chances of her getting the visa seem pretty good assuming you've provided all the necessary overcome documents.

Good luck. :unsure:

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

if docs are still current, then you should be fine, Good Luck!!!

Her "criminal records" and "certificate of single (unmarried) were both done in January (4 months ago). Her "medical report" (which I assume are the results from the GUZ medical exam) was done 3 days prior to her interview in March (1 1/2 months ago). Are these considered "current"?

Another thing though; I plan on going back in July to pick her up even if she were to get her visa now. We would then possibly come back together early August. Since I heard the k1 visa's are valid for 6 months to enter the US, I thought this would be OK. But will will the expiration of these other docs pose a problem.

I think the "criminal records" are valid for 1 year. I am not sure about the "certificate of single (unmarried)".

Forgive me for being paranoid, but since the "call-in" letter asks for these specific materials, will they be very stubborn if my fiancee goes to GUZ without them?

Since she is not coming "right away" anyway, would it be safer to just get what they want?

Thanks!!

police cert and single cert is valid for 1 year, so you are fine, even if it's July or August..

What about the Medical forms, which I assume is referring to another med exam. Those shouldn't be necessary either then right? It's only been like 2 months since her med exam.

Thanks

police cert and single cert is valid for 1 year, so you are fine, even if it's July or August..

What about the Medical forms, which I assume is referring to another med exam. Those shouldn't be necessary either then right? It's only been like 2 months since her med exam.

Thanks

yea, its fine, 2 months is not that long...

Major Update:

So my fiancee did not tell me some critical info: apparently the call-in letter only had 2 boxes: 1)"congrats your case has been approved..."

2)"please bring the items listed below and your case will be approved"

Below this there is a list of items which I mentioned in my first post. HOWEVER, my fiancee just informed me that each item has a check box before it, and the strange thing is, none of the items are checked???!!

So what I am wondering is, if they don't want any of the listed items, why didn't they just check the 1st box: "congrats your case has been approved, please bring your passport..."

Major Update:

So my fiancee did not tell me some critical info: apparently the call-in letter only had 2 boxes: 1)"congrats your case has been approved..."

2)"please bring the items listed below and your case will be approved"

Below this there is a list of items which I mentioned in my first post. HOWEVER, my fiancee just informed me that each item has a check box before it, and the strange thing is, none of the items are checked???!!

So what I am wondering is, if they don't want any of the listed items, why didn't they just check the 1st box: "congrats your case has been approved, please bring your passport..."

just have her bring all of the documents, just in case they change their minds :crazy:

jp2008, All of your paperwork should be current and valid. You are K-1, less than a year from interview. Have the SO take the passport and hope for the best.

Yep. I wouldn't worry about betting new docs made up. If she has copies of the originals you submitted, she can take them just in case. Otherwise, she should just need her passport.

Ok, so my fiancee faxed me the call-in letter. The letter is slightly different then what I have seen in other posts here on CFL. For one: there is only 2 possiblities (2 boxes, my fiancee has #2 checked). 1£©Congratulations! Your visa has been approved.... 2) Your visa application will be approved once you submit the following documents: (this is followed by an indented list of items, each with a check box to the left, I will try to re-create this below)

box _________________ need new medical examination

box _________________ need new medical examination if you cannot enter the United States before ___/___/_____

box _________________ need new police report

box _________________ need new police report if you cannot enter the United States before __/__/____

box _________________ need new unmarried certificate

box _________________ need new unmarried certificate if you cannot enter the United States before __/__/____

box Please return to the Consulate before __/__/____ otherwise your background check will expire

box _________________ need to return to the Consulate in person to be fingerprinted

box _________________ must return to the Consulate in person for a second interview

box Other

There, that is the complete list. Again, none of them are checked for my fiancee, which is why I am completely confused, because why then did they not just "approve" us? Also, why is the second option checked if they require NONE of the documents listed?

Anyway, we have decided to just go ahead and get a new police record and a new unmarried certificate, just in case. We will try to go by without another medical exam, because she could just do that over in GUZ if they really insist.

I'm wondering if the rep that compiled our call-in letter just checked the wrong box...(wishful thinking) :rolleyes:

I still say the letter is just the form one they use to get her back to the consulate so they can stamp the visa. Maybe someone forgot to check the box next to "need 2nd interview" or "need fingerprints." I don't think it's necessary but if you want to go to the trouble of getting those docs again, feel free. Otherwise, the only way to find out what they need from her is for her to go.

The good thing is that you're not planning on her coming right away anyway so if there is something else they need, you've got time to deal with it.