Electronic proceesing of petitions

Sebastian, you do not need to make the barcode any more. If you have paid online via the internet payment center, you can print the cover page the same day you can send the AOS or DS-230 packages. None of the shortcuts have been updated completely, to account for all the new changes. There are now 3 or 4 different sets of shortcuts and you need to interpret them and formulate your own plan. GUZ also has it's own set of quirks.

Now you can usually pay, print, and send before actually receiving the hard copy of the invoice via mail, if you are prepared. Some approvals are moving so much quicker now that the petitioners/beneficiaries are a little behind in the document collection. I always thought that these visa cases were diplomatic files that should be delivered without customs inspection, but I was told that when they process an "expedited case", the case file is delivered via Diplomatic Pouch, from NVC directly to the Consulate.

Hopefully these changes will speed thing up, it doesn't help us all that much, but those in the future will enjoy the benefits of getting there wives/fiancees to the US sooner. Mike & Yizhen

Santiago was chosen as the location for the pilot program since it has a small, low fraud workload.

Haha... GUZ = large, high fraud workload = LAST :lol:

Of course they have the most to benefit from this process so logically they should be the first production implementation, but Gov is not logical.

With all the shipping of paperwork between petitioner and USCIS, USCIS and NVC, NVC and GUZ, and GUZ and applicant, yes, it's a good idea.

It'll be interesting to see what GUZ can come up with as far as holding electronic data in customs, if they eliminate the paper transfer there.

I am sure that after a proper period of time GUZ will resolve the junk mail filter and virus software blocking issues.

Then we only need to wait for them to resolve the customs requirements associated with the Great Firewall which I'm sure only allows a specific number of cases from NVC to pass through each day.

Those in the know are supportive of Congress approving the purchase of a new product from Crisco Shortening the firewall delays so that everything slides through cleanly. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I called NVC today, talked with a human operator -

asked if the physical casefile for a K-1 was still gonna be sent out via DHL, or if there was to be 'electronic sending' of casefile from NVC INTO GUZ.

She said that __NOW__, all K-1 casefiles are submitted into the 'SAFEFILE' system, and there won't be any physical case file 'sending out' via DHL. There's nothing extra you have to do - is automatically sent to SAFEFILE once NVC is finished with it.

So - all of you K-1 petition filers - this is some good news. The 'dead time' for your casefile movement, between NVC and GUZ, is gone.

No More Waiting for any 'warehouse operations' or 'clearing customs'.

This is a GodSend !! Hey - got a moment? Give NVC a call to (603) 334-0700, ask the same question. If you get the same answer - maybe this little bit can make it into the FAQ sections??

FWIW, here are two CFL members with K-1 casefiles that were sent via SAFEFILE - Jerry & xiaomin, Henry and Mei .

Warmest Regards...

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

I called NVC today, talked with a human operator -

asked if the physical casefile for a K-1 was still gonna be sent out via DHL, or if there was to be 'electronic sending' of casefile from NVC INTO GUZ.

She said that __NOW__, all K-1 casefiles are submitted into the 'SAFEFILE' system, and there won't be any physical case file 'sending out' via DHL. There's nothing extra you have to do - is automatically sent to SAFEFILE once NVC is finished with it.

So - all of you K-1 petition filers - this is some good news. The 'dead time' for your casefile movement, between NVC and GUZ, is gone.

No More Waiting for any 'warehouse operations' or 'clearing customs'.

This is a GodSend !! Hey - got a moment? Give NVC a call to (603) 334-0700, ask the same question. If you get the same answer - maybe this little bit can make it into the FAQ sections??

FWIW, here are two CFL members with K-1 casefiles that were sent via SAFEFILE - Jerry & xiaomin, Henry and Mei .

Warmest Regards...

Great INFO

Good Job!!