AOS Filing question

My wife's two year green card expires on 8/17 of this year. We were planning on mailing the I-751 on 5/17 or soon thereafter, but now she is planning on going to China for one month starting on 5/29, as I have a month-long university trip to South Africa during this time. My question is, should we file on 5/17 and risk missing the biometrics appt. or should we wait until we are both back in the country and file on July 1?

Thanks for any input that you can offer.

My wife's two year green card expires on 8/17 of this year. We were planning on mailing the I-751 on 5/17 or soon thereafter, but now she is planning on going to China for one month starting on 5/29, as I have a month-long university trip to South Africa during this time. My question is, should we file on 5/17 and risk missing the biometrics appt. or should we wait until we are both back in the country and file on July 1?

Thanks for any input that you can offer.

i would wait until you are both back in the country. if you miss the biometrics appt., the uscis may consider your application abandoned.

You had better NOT file on 5/17 or they will return the petition !!!!!!!! :o

Read the filing requirement: 90 days !! Not three months.. there is a difference by a few days, based on the months.

The earliest you can file is about 5/19.. but wait a few days after just so to hope that USCIS arthmetic is better than yours :P

Best advice is already stated; Wait till your both back. If you file before she goes, she will likely get the biometric appointment while in china.. not be available.. and forfeit the petition :blink:

Seems like waiting makes so much sense :D