DNA to Visa

We are doing a K2 follow to join for my wifes son and when she went for the interview they gave him a blue slip and requested DNA. This has delayed him getting here but if that is what we need to do then we will get it done. It took about two months just to get him into the consulate to have the swab done, then back to us for the testing, and back to the consulate with results.

The consulate received the DNA results on 4/14/09.

My question is how long will it take before they will send out an approval notice for the visa?

Anyone with any experience with this would be a big help to hear from you.

Thanks,

We are doing a K2 follow to join for my wifes son and when she went for the interview they gave him a blue slip and requested DNA. This has delayed him getting here but if that is what we need to do then we will get it done. It took about two months just to get him into the consulate to have the swab done, then back to us for the testing, and back to the consulate with results.

My question is how long will it take before they will send out an approval notice for the visa?

Thanks,

steve and rong went thru the dna testing and the best i can remember you should expect to hear something in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

steve and rong went thru the dna testing and the best i can remember you should expect to hear something in the next few weeks.

Thanks£¡

It took about two months just to get him into the consulate to have the swab done

Was this delay due to GUZ and their time table?

Yes......It seems recently they are requesting DNA more and more. We had custody papers, a letter from the father and all of the certificates so it came as a surprise to us that they wanted DNA.

The process is not difficult but it does take time. You have to select and pay for the DNA lab here in the USA first. They fed ex the swab kit to the consulate. Once the consulate has the kit you can call for an appointment to have the swab done by the consulate physician but they schedule them in order of received so what we found out was they were very backlogged. As you can see it took two months for his appointment........once the swab is done (stepson's in China, Hers here in USA) they are sent to the lab here in the USA, tested and the results sent back to the consulate. We are now waiting for the consulate to process the results and i hope it is quicker then the wait for the swab.

Are you in the same boat? If so I hope they have reduced their backlog.

It took about two months just to get him into the consulate to have the swab done

Yes......It seems recently they are requesting DNA more and more. We had custody papers, a letter from the father and all of the certificates so it came as a surprise to us that they wanted DNA.

The process is not difficult but it does take time. You have to select and pay for the DNA lab here in the USA first. They fed ex the swab kit to the consulate. Once the consulate has the kit you can call for an appointment to have the swab done by the consulate physician but they schedule them in order of received so what we found out was they were very backlogged. As you can see it took two months for his appointment........once the swab is done (stepson's in China, Hers here in USA) they are sent to the lab here in the USA, tested and the results sent back to the consulate. We are now waiting for the consulate to process the results and i hope it is quicker then the wait for the swab.

We are in the process of petitioning stepson. To have to make two trips to GUZ land with yan being in the US and working two jobs would be a real pain.Yan has family in ChengDu but it would be difficult for them also.

We are in the process of petitioning stepson. To have to make two trips to GUZ land with yan being in the US and working two jobs would be a real pain.Yan has family in ChengDu but it would be difficult for them also.

Good Luck.....I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

• 3 months later...

Thanks,

Thanks£¡

Sorry about being so long to answer this post (just noticed it today), but we had our DNA test performed in GUZ at about Sept. 25th and visa was in hand on Dec. 4th....I think our problem for taking so long though was a foul-up in Guz in sending out the notice of approval..seems to have somehow gotten lost or misplaced in the system....they gave us a tracking number for it and it was never acknowledged by EMS..so I think they eventually sent out another notice and it arrived about 10 days later...of course, GUZ never acknowledges their screw-ups...seeing it has been about three months, you should probably have it by now or very soon hear from GUZ about this...Good Luck!!!!!

Edited by steveandrong (see edit history)