Tourist VISA into Canada?

I doubt anyone here has much information. VJ has a Canada specific subforum. You might try asking here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

The specifics here would be for a Chinese citizen (non-green card holder) to get a visa to go to Canada. There might be more experience with that here. But I don't remember reading much about that, other than transit visas. Also, one or two SO's who were already living in Canada for one reason or another.

I was checking into the requirements today coincidentally and its pretty tight. Applicant needs to have a letter from their employer stating position, salary, approving leave for that period. Also need to have hotel stay booked or address of who/where visiting and a statement from the sponsor. Also need 6 months of bank statements from the applicant. A letter stating the reason required as well and a couple forms, one is a biographical one.

Transit visas appear easier but still need letter from employer.

I would suspect it would be harder than US visa. I was tranisting Canada on my way out and back from China and I got much more grilling by the agents than in the US or China! (China, no questions...)

I came back from China through US to Vancouver to pick up my car and back into the US same day and got grilled in Vancouver about who I visited in China, how I met her, etc...... geez.... just passing through dude!

Blaine crossing into U.S. can be quite variable. Most agents are really nice but there are a couple hard-a$$'s especially after a famous case of a terrorist slipping through for the millenium.

. . .

I would suspect it would be harder than US visa. I was tranisting Canada on my way out and back from China and I got much more grilling by the agents than in the US or China! (China, no questions...)

I came back from China through US to Vancouver to pick up my car and back into the US same day and got grilled in Vancouver about who I visited in China, how I met her, etc...... geez.... just passing through dude!

I was grilled for 15 minutes once on a business trip to Canada where there was obviously no point at all to the grilling. They periodically retaliate for real or perceived transgressions on the part of the American border agents.

It has nothing to do with it being "difficult" to enter Canada, although it may very well be difficult for Chinese citizens.

I was grilled for 15 minutes once on a business trip to Canada where there was obviously no point at all to the grilling. They periodically retaliate for real or perceived transgressions on the part of the American border agents.

It has nothing to do with it being "difficult" to enter Canada, although it may very well be difficult for Chinese citizens.

Wow, don't get me started on grilling. Back in '92 I went into Canada for the first time with my 1st wife for a honeymoon. They asked us who we are, where we are coming from and what we will do in Canada. Then they asked where I was born. Oooops. I should have lied. I said I was born in England. The pulled me off and walked me into the office. I was there for 4 hours trying to explain that both my mother and father were americans and he was in the Air Force and was stationed there when I was born. They asked me all kinds of questions. I almost didn't think I was going to be allowed in the country.

I am going to forget the wishful thinking about having her come over for a visit and just wait it out like everyone else.