I mailed the AOS last week. What happens next and how long before interview (in general)?

Thanks,

I think you mean Afidavit of Support (AOS usually refers to Adjustment of Status). Someone who's been through that will be more helpful than me.

(Never mind - I see your topic title now)

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

The entire list o stuff to do for NVC processing is covered up at

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

Once all of that 'stuff' is completed, the petition is sent from NVC to GUZ, another waiting period ensues( 1 to 4 months) , and she'll be sent a P4 (another 3 weeks to 8 weeks) containing instructions (Medical Exam, any other list o documents) with an interview date. The interview date is usually 3 weeks to 7 weeks PAST the 'arrival' date of the P4 packet.

Did you get the paperwork sussed out for her son? Other members here have sent 2 I-130's, one for the wife, one for the wife's child, but there's been some variances, too.

yes, you're correct, Afidavit of Support.

thanks in advance,

Have your spouse send an Email to NVC requesting you to act as Agent of Choice.

Here is a template and email instructions: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

Have your spouse gather up the required documents and send them to you along with a signed DS-230.

More:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...s%27s_Shortcuts

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

yes, I have her son in connection with my wife for the I-864 and she has already assign me as the Agent of Choice (along with her son) via email. (thanks dnoblett).

She's collecting the info (Police Clearance records), etc now. So she sends that to me and I submit it.. Cool.

Thanks guys, 12 hour work days leaves me tapped. I appreciate your responses.

HaoRan -

ah - cool - yer 'collecting original documents' for sending into NVC. Remember, you'll need to submit a copy (not official, not re-stamped) of each 'original document' too. Marriage Certificate with notarial translation into english (usually done in china), police report with notarial translation into english (usually done in china) , her divorce or death of spouse record, with notarial translation into english (usually done in china) and then YOUR divorce record(s) (if any).

FWIW, NVC processing for all 'the stuff' can happen in parallel, it doesn't have to be linear at all.

GoGo Gadget NVC !!!

Warmest Regards..

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

HaoRan -

ah - cool - yer 'collecting original documents' for sending into NVC. Remember, you'll need to submit a copy (not official, not re-stamped) of each 'original document' too. Marriage Certificate with notarial translation into english (usually done in china), police report with notarial translation into english (usually done in china) , her divorce or death of spouse record, with notarial translation into english (usually done in china) and then YOUR divorce record(s) (if any).

FWIW, NVC processing for all 'the stuff' can happen in parallel, it doesn't have to be linear at all.

GoGo Gadget NVC !!!

Warmest Regards..

Sebastian, Notarial? All these documents need to be notarized?

HaoRan -

GoGo Gadget NVC !!!

Warmest Regards..

The offices in China that issue Birth certs, Marriage certs, and translates them along with translating the police cert from PSC is called a "Notary office" thus "notarial" birth cert etc..

Documents

Most of the documents listed below can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats. These offices are part of the Ministry of Justice structure, but are separate from the people's court system.

Notaries in China do not perform the same functions as their American counterparts. Chinese notaries affix their signatures and office seal to certificates that attest to the probity of claims made by the applicants. By regulation, notaries are empowered to issue certificates only after they conclude that the applicant's claims are true. Notarial certificates of birth, death, marriage, divorce, no criminal record and pre-1981 adoptions are, at best, secondary evidence of the events they purport to document. Although these certificates are secondary evidence, they are used because primary evidence is not standardized, is easily forged, and difficult to evaluate. Notarial certificates are easier to interpret than primary evidence and theoretically represent an expert judgment on the part of the notarial official as to the facts documented.

MORE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html

Yup.

But maybe you already have them, and don't know it.

USUALLY (with some exception) - a 'white book' is prepared, with a copy of the original document (in chinese), a translation (in english), and the translators attestation page (in english), and it's bound like a small book on the left hand side, usually A4 size, sometimes is bigger, depends on the notarial translation office. If you have something, take a look - see if it has red stamps in it. If it has red stamps, with some english wording, then you have a document produced in china - something I described in my prior post.

If it's only in chinese, then it's not 'complete', per the guidelines.

I always think it's EASIER to get the notarial translation done in China, but if you only have a 'chinese' document, you can get it translated into english in the USA. You'll need to find a translator, and then they produce 1) the english translation, 2) an signed, attestation statement about their qualifications to translate. There are examples of a simple attestation statement here in the forum..

Good luck, let us know what you have, or what you find out?

Warmest Regards..

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Maybe, your wife could get a Letter from her ex, stating that he agrees to her taking the son to the USA. Sometimes the divorce papers aren't clear enough for GUZ, and they ask for this with a blue, Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

My wife was never married under South African Law, ex boyfriend not on birth cert or any documents involving her or her son, position is "birth out of wedlock". My wife has no contact with him since birthing her son and has no desire to contact him as he is a perfect @ss

Any potential problems with this at interview?

Edited by HaoRan (see edit history)