Alien registration number

My wife recently received her K1 Visa approval in Guanghzou.

Can someone tell me when she will receive her alien registration number. Her A.....number.

What form does it come on and when in the process. She has not come to the usa yet and we have not filed any additional paperwork such as adjustment of status, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

chazzy1098

Look on the I-129F NOA2 letter that you will be sending a copy of in with the I-485.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/I-129F-NOAs/NOA2.jpg

My wife recently received her K1 Visa approval in Guanghzou.

Can someone tell me when she will receive her alien registration number. Her A.....number.

What form does it come on and when in the process. She has not come to the usa yet and we have not filed any additional paperwork such as adjustment of status, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

chazzy1098

Just for clarification for others who may not be K-1's:

For my K-3 wife and K-4 daughter, the ¡®A¡¯ number (Alien Registration) first appeared on our NOA¡¯s for the form I-485 at AOS time.

Wife and daughter had sequential (numeric) ¡®A¡¯ numbers on each of their I-797C¡¯s for the form I-485. Both numbers start with ¡°A09¡­¡­.¡±

This was the first time we saw the ¡®A¡¯ number; thus we had left this question blank on the I-485 and biometrics forms when we filed for AOS. Therein, I only provided the I-94 number on the form.

Furthermore, there was no ¡®A¡¯ number on either wife or daughter¡¯s NOA-2 for I-130. Just the WAC receipt number appeared on this NOA-2 form.

Roger, Yizhen's A # was on both the I-130 and the I-129F approvals, I think it is usually on the approvals. If it is not there, I think you can call and get it. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

Hey Mike,

Thanks and I understand what you are saying.

They are not to be found on either of my wife or daughter's NOA-2's received from the CSC in late 2007. Only the receipt numbers are shown, WAC and MSC.

They were, however, on the NOA for the I-485 for AOS (one for each of them) which we recently received from USCIS. They are 2009 'A' numbers.

Even when looking at the VJ history files, there seems to be a lot of confusion over the A # and where it is located. Some swear it is on the K-Visa, others say it is stamped in the passport and others say it is the I-94 number and still others swear it is stamped on the back of the I-94. :stereo:

It appears that for us at least, it has made its first appearance (for wife and daughter) on the NOA for AOS/I-485. :stereo:

Hope you are well !!! Rog

For Yizhen, the numbers were located in the Beneficiary's Box, above her name. There have always been inconsistencies with the "A number", some people get it, some don't, and others get more than one. This is true for all visa types. The most important thing is to make sure it is always the same after you receive it. Mike & Yizhen

Rog, we are well and returning to China for the IR-1, finally! After ten days in GUZ, we will spend 6 weeks with the family.

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

We have no registration number on our K-3 Visa. So far the only place we have found the A # is on the NOA's. It is not on the P-4 appointment letter, but there is a place we entered it on the DS-230. Maybe it will be on our IR-1 Visa? Mike & Yizhen

Mike, I am happy things are well for you two !! Enjoy your time in the PRC !!! :)

BTW, there is no 'A' number on our K-3 or K-4 visa either; just the control number and the actual visa number with no letter attached.

Nothing on the visa matches the 'A' number found on our NOA for I-485, which starts with the letter A.

We have no registration number on our K-3 Visa. So far the only place we have found the A # is on the NOA's. It is not on the P-4 appointment letter, but there is a place we entered it on the DS-230. Maybe it will be on our IR-1 Visa? Mike & Yizhen

Mike, I am happy things are well for you two !! Enjoy your time in the PRC !!! :lol:

BTW, there is no 'A' number on our K-3 or K-4 visa either; just the control number and the actual visa number with no letter attached.

Nothing on the visa matches the 'A' number found on our NOA for I-485, which starts with the letter A.

Our A# did not start with the "A" either.