Seeking cheap airfare from NASHVILLE-LAX-GUZ-NANNING

Hello to all...once again.

Sorry to be away (occasional lurking only) for some time, but I am in need of help finding cheaper airfare to Nanning from LAX as my searches have produced only shocking results.

I have exhausted some of the links provided in the pinned post above and have found for the two of us to travel from Nashville via LAX to GUZ to Nanning is costing about $3g's. A bit more than I am seeking to spend.

If we don't find cheaper fare, we will need to postpone our travels for a while.

We wish to travel the first week of Sept. and return in two weeks.

I know that many of you track pricing to Nanning and hoping you all know something that I may be missing.

Here are the flights from LAX-GUZ-NNG that I need help with pricing:

China Southern CZ328 LAX-GUZ Depart LAX on Sept. 4

China Southern CZ3331 GUZ-NNG Depart NNG on Sept. 18

Thanks,

Clayton & Wen-Li

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Guest Tony n Terrific

Hello to all...once again.

Sorry to be away (occasional lurking only) for some time, but I am in need of help finding cheaper airfare to Nanning from LAX as my searches have produced only shocking results.

I have exhausted some of the links provided in the pinned post above and have found for the two of us to travel from Nashville via LAX to GUZ to Nanning is costing about $3g's. A bit more than I am seeking to spend.

If we don't find cheaper fare, we will need to postpone our travels for a while.

We wish to travel the first week of Sept. and return in two weeks.

I know that many of you track pricing to Nanning and hoping you all know something that I may be missing.

Here are the flights from LAX-GUZ-NNG that I need help with pricing:

China Southern CZ328 LAX-GUZ Depart LAX on Sept. 4

China Southern CZ3331 GUZ-NNG Depart NNG on Sept. 18

Thanks,

Clayton & Wen-Li

My flight from Dayton, Ohio to Shanghai cost is $724. If I get a China domestic flight from Shanghai to Nanning R/T is $300 total cost $1024 Bucks. Going a direct flight to Nanning from the US is $1389.

You may wish to check this out. Do not fly through Guangzhou or Hong Kong if you can avoid it. They are more costly for the same hill of beans.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

CZ is having a 199 sale - but you have to call them directly - the LAX to GUZ leg has been much reduced for the promotion (199 each way, per person) see www.flychinasouthern.com for the contact info and fare restrictions guidelines.

if you want to fly AA, they can get you to Shanghai -

from www.aa.com -

AMERICAN AIRLINES

OPERATED BY AMERICAN EAGLE 3939 BNA Nashville Sep 04, 2009

06:10 AM ORD Chicago Sep 04, 2009

07:45 AM ER4 Economy

AMERICAN AIRLINES 289 ORD Chicago Sep 04, 2009

10:35 AM PVG Shanghai Sep 05, 2009

02:05 PM 777 Economy

AMERICAN AIRLINES 288 PVG Shanghai Sep 18, 2009

04:10 PM ORD Chicago Sep 18, 2009

04:50 PM 777 Economy

AMERICAN AIRLINES

OPERATED BY AMERICAN EAGLE 4487 ORD Chicago Sep 18, 2009

08:15 PM BNA Nashville Sep 18, 2009

09:40 PM ER4 Economy

2106.80 for 2 people, then you'd have to get to nanning, i suggest looking at ctrip at http://english.ctrip.com .

Good Luck !

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Tony and Sebastian..thank you both.

Thanks for the tip of not flying into guz. I will check into that in my free time tomorrow. I have flown into Beijing a number of times, but a year and a half ago, guz saved me money and time.

I will also place a call direct to CZ. This could make my flight affordable.

I'll let you know what I learn and decide.

Clayton

Guest Pommey

CZ is having a 199 sale - but you have to call them directly - the LAX to GUZ leg has been much reduced for the promotion (199 each way, per person) see www.flychinasouthern.com for the contact info and fare restrictions guidelines.

What $288 for both ways !!!!!!! now thats a deal :)

plus 1000rmb ($166) for a round trip to kunming, wow $908 + tax for the 2 of us, I see a trip to china very soon :D

ok - here's some update on the CZ x99 promo - (199 each way between lax/can) -

1. Applicable dates: April 1 to October 31, 2009 (Outbound date)

2. Advance Purchase: 45 days before departure

3. Maximum Stay: 30 Days

4. No Discount for Child and Infant.

5. Restrictions: Non-endorsable; non-re-routable ; non-refundable. Travel on date shown only. All applicable taxes are non-refundable.

so - if you can get to lax cheaply from nashville before 23:50 , yer gonna be good.

I got rates for tuesdays at 199, total with tax, rt, was 564 for 1 pax, rt, lax-guz. the 45 days is important, la...

can see/book online with the x99 promo at http://www.flychinasouthern.com (i keep forgetting to put the bloody url, i just assume, wrongly, all know it).

i'm leaving soon for wuhan, i gots me that 'premium economy' passage between lax-can, i wanted to pay extra for the legroom.. but i booked a mid may trip too, online, with the x99 promo - woo hoo !

good luck to all !

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Sebastian thanks for the info... just what I was looking for.

I wanted to get better seating also I'm 6'3" it hard sitting in the small seats. :stereo:

Frank - alas - 'Premium Economy' class is not available for the x99 promotion. So far, the only way I've been able to book anything in Premium Economy is to call CZ at LAX directly - my new friend there is Cindy Wang.