k2 ftj

unbelievable! my stepdaughter received pink on march 31st and the visa is still not at the post office. i called dos on april 3rd and they told me the visa was issued, so obviously guz didnt mail the visa yet as the tracking number is not showing up. since monday is a guz holiday the earliest it can be mailed out is tuesday and picked up on wednesday. my mother in law and stepdaughter are stuck in guz. grrrrr!

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

There are times GUZ works on the weekend. You should have the tracking number on the EMS form that was completed before leaving the consulate.

If it is going to the China Post near the consulate, have them just go over and try to collect it. They are even open on Sunday.

yes, we tried this already. guz is closed april 4th, 5th, and 6th for tomb sweeping holiday.

re: tracking numbers - alas - this 'stuff' isn't done in real time - so there might be , at a minimum, one day delay. the fastest way to 'check' is gonna be to show up at the post office and ask for the package.

Hang in there, you've stepped into some GUZ logistics silliness - and you know it's happened before.

As long as DOS is stating that the Visa was issued, then it's coming. At least there was no further Additional Processing (AP) and the namechecks are complete. WHEW !

I'll suggest this -

--Visa packet prepped by 'the workers' on April 1st, put into the mailroom at GUZ

--Visa Packet picked up by EMS from the GUZ mailroom on April 2nd or 3rd

(The GUZ mailroom is huge and no, GUZ != EMS)

EMS never stops - so is possibility of arrival at that 'special post office branch' for Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. If convenient, go by morning, noon and late afternoon each day, looking for the package.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

They should have gotten it out by Friday night, and the Post Office is not usually closed for 3 straight days, maybe Sunday or Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

i agree mike. it appears that the visa was issued on friday, but not mailed. we have been checking the ems number and the post office daily. grrrrr!

Guest ShaQuaNew

They should have gotten it out by Friday night, and the Post Office is not usually closed for 3 straight days, maybe Sunday or Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

i agree mike. it appears that the visa was issued on friday, but not mailed. we have been checking the ems number and the post office daily. grrrrr!

It was a long weekend for all of China; yes, Tomb Sweeping Day. Monday off for everyone, excluding retail business. Tuesday will be a catchup day, but I'm guessing you'll be hearing something this week.