...Biometrics...

• 2 weeks later...

That's what we have been thinking too. Unfortunately, nothing at all in the mail. The case status online also hasn't changed or updated the original receipt notice date of March 7th.

Should we be concerned? Is this normal?

Our online case status didn't change either. The last change to it was when the N-400 was accepted last April. But the biometric appointment was in May. Hopefully you'll hear something soon, maybe this week but dont worry about it too much. They're unpredictable but they'll get to you one day. When I was seeing members getting thru the process, from beginning to end, in 5 or 6 months, it took us 11, 4/08-3/09. I don't know the reasoning behind it all but I do know that they deliver, at one time or another. :wacko:

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

So it has been almost two months since we mailed our N-400. Receipt, yes. Biometrics appointment, no. Does it usually take this long? I have been reading other timelines and it seems that it usually takes around two weeks to get the bio appointment after receiving the receipt.

Also, looking at our case status online, it says that the case is at the NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Shouldn't it be at our local field office (Sacramento)?

Could our letter have been lost in the mail? Who would we call in order to find out if a letter had been sent.

Thanks for any help, guys!

...so I call them. They give me some stupid reference number and say that if i don't hear anything in 45 days to call them back. Is this for real? :alldone: :blink:

That's how the game is played but it looks like they've increased the time by 15 days. It used to be 30! Have fun "playing the game"! :lol:

So we get an email today and it reads:

"...Our records indicate that you recently missed an appointment that we scheduled for your biometrics. Your case is currently in suspense until you complete this process. You will be receiving a notice with your new appointment time and date on it. Please follow any instructions on that notice."

How could we have missed an appointment that we never received? Is it so common to have government letters lost in the mail? They really need to update their system so this type of thing does not happen. Having the only method of biometrics notification being through the US postal service is not a very reliable system. In the 21st century lost letters (and mail letters period) should be a thing of the past.

So we get an email today and it reads:

"...Our records indicate that you recently missed an appointment that we scheduled for your biometrics. Your case is currently in suspense until you complete this process. You will be receiving a notice with your new appointment time and date on it. Please follow any instructions on that notice."

How could we have missed an appointment that we never received? Is it so common to have government letters lost in the mail? They really need to update their system so this type of thing does not happen. Having the only method of biometrics notification being through the US postal service is not a very reliable system. In the 21st century lost letters (and mail letters period) should be a thing of the past.

Sorry for the troubles, Barey, but the good news is that they say they will mail you another apointment letter. That's good news indeed! Keep a look out for it!

It's unusual for a government letter to get lost in the mail but I guess it can happen and that's the reason you never received anything. Unusual indeed. Look out for the next letter! Good Luck!