1st time back to China after GC

There was a recent tradgedy in my wife's family.

My wife and step-son are going back to China to take care of family business.

They will leave at the end of June (2009) and will not return to the USA until late September (2009).

At this moment in time, I do not think I can go back with her.

My wife and step-son have recently recv'd their 2 yr GC's.

Does anyone know of any potential issues (besides the normal ones, like criminal activity, terrorism, etc..) that could come up that would prevent them from being able to leave China?

They both have active Chinese passports, however my wife's passport still shows pre married name. Her GC shows her married name (her full maiden name and my last name).

I know that Chinese citizens go back and forth between China and the USA everyday, but I am concerned that this being her time using her GC something may come up and I will not be there to assist her.

Thank you,

There was a recent tradgedy in my wife's family.

My wife and step-son are going back to China to take care of family business.

They will leave at the end of June (2009) and will not return to the USA until late September (2009).

At this moment in time, I do not think I can go back with her.

My wife and step-son have recently recv'd their 2 yr GC's.

Does anyone know of any potential issues (besides the normal ones, like criminal activity, terrorism, etc..) that could come up that would prevent them from being able to leave China?

They both have active Chinese passports, however my wife's passport still shows pre married name. Her GC shows her married name (her full maiden name and my last name).

I know that Chinese citizens go back and forth between China and the USA everyday, but I am concerned that this being her time using her GC something may come up and I will not be there to assist her.

Thank you,

It never hurts to bring a copy of the marriage cert. until she gets her name changed on her passport.