Medical Question

Guest Dylan W

Guest Dylan W

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

The POE took her medical forms, so we don't have anything to submit with the AOS packet. Am I just to submit the vaccination I-693A supplement? Or do we need to get a new medical examination here to submit?

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fianc?e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc?e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

The POE took her medical forms, so we don't have anything to submit with the AOS packet. Am I just to submit the vaccination I-693A supplement? Or do we need to get a new medical examination here to submit?

Short answer is no. I'm sure Dan or Randy will be along with the more detailed answer at some point. :(

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

excep[t that the I-693 form (your civil surgeon will have one) includes the vaccination supplement now.

Yes it is in the brown envelope. You will next see it at your AOS interview

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

excep[t that the I-693 form (your civil surgeon will have one) includes the vaccination supplement now.

Yes it is in the brown envelope. You will next see it at your AOS interview

yes, thats correct, unless it gets lost as mine did and then you have to get a new exam. uscis seems to have trouble merging the applications and we have to pay for their mistakes.good luck!

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

This is where it gets messy.

If you got a yellow book made (International Shot Record) in China, then a civil surgeon can transfer that data into a 693. If you don't have a yellow book, then how do you know which shots she needs, per the I-693 ?

The yellow book is not required for submittal to anything, but a Civil Surgeon in the USA __might__ use it to make the 'official' transcript of shot records in the I-693.

Good Luck !