K-2 VISA NEED HELP

My Fiancee has a 17 year daughter at the time I filed the 129F she did not want to go to the USA but now she has changed her mind.

My problem is that I did not include in the application

her name or 325 form or passport pictures. Beings that we have not received our NOA2 at this time is it possible to send all her information to Vermont and have her added to my application now?

Edited by okie2 (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

My Fiancee has a 17 year daughter at the time I filed the 129F she did not want to go to the USA but now she has changed her mind.

My problem is that I did not include in the application

her name or 325 form or passport pictures. Beings that we have not received our NOA2 at this time is it possible to send all her information to Vermont and have her added to my application now?

I would call the USCIS immediately and see what they suggest. It's always a good idea to include all children on the application, even if they may change their mind later. In this case, you may have to stop the current processing of the I-129F and start another process.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

If you didn't include her on the I-129F you may experience difficulties when it comes to the interview, as now your fiancee has a child you didn't include on the original petition.

It's not that you can't add her after the fact, but someone might question how she suddenly gained a daughter that she didn't have before.

Guest ShaQuaNew

If you didn't include her on the I-129F you may experience difficulties when it comes to the interview, as now your fiancee has a child you didn't include on the original petition.

It's not that you can't add her after the fact, but someone might question how she suddenly gained a daughter that she didn't have before.

Good point. It just may raise some eyebrows as to why you chose not to indicate all children on the original application. Here's wishing you luck with this.

There is a place on the I-129F that specifically asks for the beneficiary's children, if any. If you did not put her name on this document then the form was filled out falsely and with your knowledge. There are strict penalties for this. THIS is where a lawyer is needed IMHO.

Good luck!!

Otherwise, if you DID happen to list her as a daughter, you would have nothing to do at this point. Simply have your fiance fill out appropriate P3 and P4 documents for her and mail both sets together.

No processing by USCIS or NVC is required

K-2's are much more informal than K-1's

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

There is a place on the I-129F that specifically asks for the beneficiary's children, if any. If you did not put her name on this document then the form was filled out falsely and with your knowledge. There are strict penalties for this. THIS is where a lawyer is needed IMHO.

Good luck!!

I agree with Charles here. The form clearly states to list all children of the fiance, and that you sign under penalty of perjury. Talk to the lawyer.

Good luck!!

I agree with Charles here. The form clearly states to list all children of the fiance, and that you sign under penalty of perjury. Talk to the lawyer.

I don't believe it is quite that drastic an issue.

I would update the I-129F and G-325a then send them with a cover letter referencing your case number to VSC explaining that you misunderstood the form and ask them to ammend your initial petition. Basically fall on your sword and blame it on stupidity, government workers really do understand that one. :threeques:

The idea is to get it before the USCIS before it gets approved so you don't have to do this in GUZ, who is much less understanding of these things.

Did you completely leave her off of the forms? Or did you just, not list her/apply for her to accompany her mother to the US? This will determine the path you will follow, and how hard the task will be. It will be easier for us to help if you give us more information. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

Randy... enlighten us... what is all cool?

---------

I would call both USCIS and NVC and as the same question; I recall from the past someone needing to add a child later and could do it. Can't remember if USCIS or DOS does it.

IF (a little bit of an if) he remembers correctly, " She's there!"

What he needed to know was that there's nothing that he needs to have done to have her latch on to her mother's K-1 after it gets to Guangzhou

TODAY 1 HOUR LATER I GET EMAIL FROM VERMONT

NOA2 APROVED 3-20-09

SO IN THE LAST LEG OF LONG WAIT NOW

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Don't worry, guys! She's there! All is cool.

Good news. I hadn't heard of this happening before, but I'm young. :P

If she's not there, then where is she?

<_<

quote from Immagration Lawyer

I-129f visa K2 visa

If your Fiance has unmarried children under the age of 21 they are eligible to accompany your fiance, only if they are listed on this form. At the same time, K2/K4 visa will not be denied because the childs name is not listed on the I-129F petition as long as it can be established that he/she is the minor.unmarried cild of the applicant issued a K1/K3 visa.

thank you

Randy, Lee, and Mike

So I am not worried I will just fill the needed forms and send her for med exam and to the interview.