• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck on your interview. I just got an notice from USCIS today that they have received my i129F back from the state department for further review. Should I cancel or not do anything with it?

I didn't cancel mine and was successful with an IR1. To this date, my failed K1 is STILL sitting at the USCIS for further review. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had to travel to my wife home province and when we got to the government office we found out I had to translate my single affidavit to Chinese, passport size photo was need also. So we did that on the fist day. The next day went to government office to get red book but had to wait about 2 hours because their internet connection did not work. Waited long enough and it started working again and got our red books.

Update:

Called NVC on May 6, 2009 and confirm email. Told me I should be receiving info for DS-3032 and AOS.

Got 2 email from NVC on May 7, 2009 with subject line:

GUZ2009xxxxxx (EPOPT ACL COVER LETTER)(CC)

GUZ2009xxxxxx (EPOPT AOS FEE LETTER)

Eligible for pilot program for electronic processing so I sent in the request.

Good luck on your interview. I just got an notice from USCIS today that they have received my i129F back from the state department for further review. Should I cancel or not do anything with it?

I didn't cancel mine and was successful with an IR1. To this date, my failed K1 is STILL sitting at the USCIS for further review. :flowers_and_kisses:

Same here! some told me I should worry. I never heard anything else about it and I hug my baby girl multiple times everyday :happy2:

Update:

Called NVC on May 6, 2009 and confirm email. Told me I should be receiving info for DS-3032 and AOS.

Got 2 email from NVC on May 7, 2009 with subject line:

GUZ2009xxxxxx (EPOPT ACL COVER LETTER)(CC)

GUZ2009xxxxxx (EPOPT AOS FEE LETTER)

Eligible for pilot program for electronic processing so I sent in the request.

I did this about this time last year and it saved about 30 days or more processing time.

>>What ordeal did you experience, getting married in China?<<

I had a helluva time...we also had to go to my SO birth city, because I'm a lao wai...we stopped off and got our 6 photos together and went to marriage office...we gave our papers to the office worker and he threw them back at us and told us my single affidavit was out of date. So the next time I went to PRC I had a fresh affidavit and we got married, but even that was an ordeal and w/o help from a friend who is high up in provincial government we would not have gotten it done. ZZ

Received the following email on May 11, 2009 for electronic processing:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your interest in processing your case electronically with the National Visa Center (NVC).

Your case has been updated with the email address you have provided to us.

All further communication with NVC will now be done through this email address:

NVCGuangzhou@state.gov.

All documents and forms that we request and require from you should be scanned copies of the originals. The applicant must present all original forms and documents to the Consular officer at the visa interview. Failure to present the required originals at the visa interview will result in a denial or delay in obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant.

Any questions regarding your petition should now be directed to NVCGuangzhou@state.gov.

A review of your case shows that an Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill will be sent shortly. Once this fee is paid, please contact us for further instructions.

Regards,

NVC Document Review Team

National Visa Center

SERCO Inc.

NVCGuangzhou@state.gov

"Follow criteria as outlined on http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4409.html"

I didn't cancel mine and was successful with an IR1. To this date, my failed K1 is STILL sitting at the USCIS for further review. :rolleyes:

Did both of you receive a denial for "non-bonafide relation"? Chilton747, did you receive a notice of this denial from USCIS, did you answer USCIS, if one chooses in writing to have the K1 withdrawn what effect would this have on a CR1? If one does not respond to the request by USCIS what effect would this have on a CR1? What is the best to do if you receive a letter from USCIS, stay with the K1 or try for the CR1?

Edited by HKG (see edit history)

I didn't cancel mine and was successful with an IR1. To this date, my failed K1 is STILL sitting at the USCIS for further review. :rolleyes:

Did both of you receive a denial for "non-bonafide relation"? Chilton747, did you receive a notice of this denial from USCIS, did you answer USCIS, if one chooses in writing to have the K1 withdrawn what effect would this have on a CR1? If one does not respond to the request by USCIS what effect would this have on a CR1? What is the best to do if you receive a letter from USCIS, stay with the K1 or try for the CR1?

USCIS sent me a RFE for a K1 that I submitted, it was free to submit since I already had a I-130 pending, so I did it. A USCIS officer told me on the phone I just needed to submit the form without any support documentation as it was on file,I bought it and they were wrong, that's why I got the RFE for the K1.... What did I do ? nothing and I never heard from them again concerning my K1... in the mean time my I-130(IR1) processed just nicely.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)