if they don't pay attention to your expedite, then i'll put on my turban and say - first 10 days in May.

If GUZ is actually paying attention to the expedite (I HOPE SO) then 2nd week in April.

Near As I Recall, in DOS Speak, waiting for interview date sometimes is functionally equivalent to namecheck not completed yet which is even more braindead, as she's already landed with the K-3.

If you can call again, ask if the namechecks are complete. plural. TWO.

We called twice again today, still no interview date, but the file is at the consulate. I asked both VS's about the namechecks, the first one said she could not see that info on the computer, and the second guy said they don't start namechecks until the P-4 is sent. We are anxious to make plans for our return to China, I hope they give us a few weeks to finish preparing. Mike & Yizhen

aa ( www.aa.com ) and united have good rates from ord to pvg for midweek -

but then get seperate 'jump' on http://english.ctrip.com from pvg to guz .

or - you could wrestle with lax-guz via CZ - i like this setup the best, but hard to find decent pricing unless at asian travel agent in usa.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

chicago (ORD) to shanghai (PVG) - AA ( www.aa.com ) has great rates midweek.

I don't like shoving through hkg at all, but that's just me.

if miles are an issue to you, continental shares with china southern (CZ) - there's a gonzo flight from los angeles (LAX) to Guangzhou (CAN) - but you gotta scramble to get a good rate.

i'm suggesting you sling through via shanghai on AA, and buy your china tickets directly at http://english.ctrip.com prior to jumping.

is possible - but you gotta look - check it out :

1. look at aa.com - ord to pvg

2. look at http://english.ctrip.com - from pvg to can

for anything with cz via lax to can - ask an asian travel agent in the usa. (there was a post last week about who/what/where)

re: the interview - not sure. Douggie is the only other CFL member (SheLikesMe?) that did both a K-3 with a subsequent CR-1/IR-1 , that I know of. You already have all of yer ducks in a row. The only thing that I would be certain of are:

1. updated I-864, if the Tax Year Data is old (from the NVC submission)

2. complete set o copies o stuff that you sent in already, along with any copies of new stuff for relationship evidence (financial records, etc).

other than that, I would suggest to attend ACH and ask a question - maybe focus on what's going on with the expedite (that seems a safe question, i think so).

Do you think we can beat $960 rt ORD to GUZ, 1 stop 20hrs total?

More importantly, do you think we will have any special things to worry about at the interview?

Mike & Yizhen

Ord to PEK is $897 on Travelocity with a 13 1/2 hour flight. Of course, the next flight to GUZ would put it over your total, but you might check your own sources on that route.

ORD to HKG is $828. Get creative

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

If we never see HKG again, it will be too soon! To save a few hundred $ I used HKG for interview and Yizhen's flight to US, getting from GUZ to HKG was a nightmare! We both agreed that we would never return to HKG. The hassle getting to GUZ from HKG is not worth $140, and any other city, + flight to GUZ would be more money and more time, Chicago, Tokyo, Beijing, + Beijing to GUZ.

Chi, San Fran, PVG, + PVG to GUZ.

For convenience and price I am hoping that we can fly Asiana (ORD to Seoul to CAN) for under $1,000 20.5 hrs there and 19hrs return.

Mike & Yizhen

Ms. Hong Chow just sent me an email, $1,078.46 rt Asiana

Paciasia Travel

561-306-3424

http://www.paciasia.com

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)