Hi, I am a little confused. I sent in the I 130, and I just got the I 797 back. The instructions are to wait for the NVC to respond to Jing in China. If she doesn't here anything in the next 90 days, then I am to call. I thought I needed to send in the 797 and the 129f next. I am a little confused. What do I need to do?

Hi, I am a little confused. I sent in the I 130, and I just got the I 797 back. The instructions are to wait for the NVC to respond to Jing in China. If she doesn't here anything in the next 90 days, then I am to call. I thought I needed to send in the 797 and the 129f next. I am a little confused. What do I need to do?

Watch your mailbox. They'll tell you what to do. But you should receive a second I-797C when your petition is approved. They will ask for the I-864, along with the fee.

What specifically does the I-797 say? Is it a receipt, or an approval notice?

If you want to file for a K-3 then you would need to send your I-129F and a copy of the I-797 as proof that you also file the I-130. The way things are going these days, you should just plan on the CR-1, there is a list of reasons, you will hear them all from others, but most important is convenience; green card, social security card, and work authorization.

You get all this, and it only takes 30/60 days longer if you prepare and send in the requested documents/payments quickly. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

wow - if this is an approval notice and not the initial receipt - things are moving fast - Thank You Prez O ! You may want to scan it in, blank out names and addresses with a photo editor, then put it in the gallery here , then tell us you want us to review it.

Mike, ya, but with 'that wording' - it gets confusing, la. If it's his first piece o 'paper', then I'm inclined to think it's the NOA-1, the receipt.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I looked again at the reciept. It states that it is a notice of action. It also reads: The above petition has been approved.

I don't know if that helps clarify what it is. I am very glad for the advice on sending in the I 129f. If I wait until she is here, can I then apply for a social security card for her?

Thanks again for your help and advice. Spence and Jing

I looked again and it says approval notice. I will try to scan it and put it in here if I can figure out how, he he.

holy crap - thats less than 1 month from filing to approval.

Double Holy Crap.

Congratulations !!!!

if you are concerned about privacy - scan it as a low-res jpg (100 x 100 dpi or less), upload it to THE GALLERY here - only members can see images in the gallery.

Details please (pardon the interview) -

1. you mailed it all to lockbox in chicago ?

2. does the notice state which SERVICE CENTER processed your case ?

3. did you have any military expedite, or expedite of any type?

Again, Congratulations !!!!

Warmest Regards..

Something sounds wrong, if he wants to file for K-3, he does not have a receipt notice to send with the I-129F. I noticed that 2 others have had the I-130 sent to the NRC for future AOS, instead of the NVC for CR-1/IR-1. Maybe by speeding up the process lately, they are also making more mistakes. Mike & Yizhen

This could be the fastest visa ever in Modern day China!

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

Something sounds wrong, if he wants to file for K-3, he does not have a receipt notice to send with the I-129F. I noticed that 2 others have had the I-130 sent to the NRC for future AOS, instead of the NVC for CR-1/IR-1. Maybe by speeding up the process lately, they are also making more mistakes. Mike & Yizhen

This could be the fastest visa ever in Modern day China!

It's also too late once the I-130 is approved.

Is there a rule that says you can't file for K-3 after the I-130 is approved? I know it probably would not beat the I-130 to the Consulate, and therefore would be a waste of time, but if someone wanted to delay the I-130 process at the NVC, they could still get a K-3, right? Mike & Yizhen

Supposedly, filing a subsequent K-3 after NOA-1 from the I-130 is faster.

Well, Spencer, FWIW, yer I-130 case seems to be approved. Super Fast. Sooper Dooper Fast. Maybe it's time to give up the K-3 route, whaddya think ?

You can get the GUZ case number in about a week (from the I-130 approval date) by calling up and retrieving it on the Automatic Voice Thing. Once you have the GUZ file number, you can jump start it all with James' Shortcuts.

Have a read - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...'s_Shortcut

If I was in yer shoes, I'd be pushing that I-130 hard at NVC. Good Luck (and maybe answer my q's in the prior post).

Is there a rule that says you can't file for K-3 after the I-130 is approved? I know it probably would not beat the I-130 to the Consulate, and therefore would be a waste of time, but if someone wanted to delay the I-130 process at the NVC, they could still get a K-3, right? Mike & Yizhen

According to the LIFE Act, a K3 visa may be issued when "an immigrant visa is not immediately available to the alien."

Approval of the I-130 would mean that an immigrant visa is immediately available to the alien

Somewhere I read that the USCIS will no longer accept the I-129F after the I-130 is approved, but I haven't found where yet.