Question about K3 while old K1 is still being review

I just send out my I-130 yesterday. I'm planning to go with a K3 since we got denied. Now the K1 came back to the USA to be review and is pending, no result yet. The question that i have is when should i send a letter to cancel the I-129F ( fiancee ) before i send the new i-129F ( K3) out to USCIS?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just send out my I-130 yesterday. I'm planning to go with a K3 since we got denied. Now the K1 came back to the USA to be review and is pending, no result yet. The question that i have is when should i send a letter to cancel the I-129F ( fiancee ) before i send the new i-129F ( K3) out to USCIS?

If you filed I-130, I presume you are married.

So, you might as well cancel the K1 since it is irrelevant due to your marriage.

You might consider just going CR/1 (only file I-130) instead of K3 (unless you plan to marry in hong kong to avoid GUZ).

IR/1 is almost as fast as K3 now days, and much more convenient once she comes to America.

Good question. You may never be notified by USCIS that they have received the file and it may expire[time-out] by itself. Maybe make a few copies of a letter stating your intent to abandon the K-1 and that you're filing the K-3 for the same person. Send one to the head of whatever office you file through and put one in with the K-3. If you know why the denial make sure to deal with it. Front-load the heck out of the next one so GUZ doesn't have a reason to do it again.

You do not have to send letter to CANCEL old petiition. Whoever says you do is wrong. You never will be notified the petition is back in the states. The old petition stays in Limbo in the computer and that is that. I have been there and done that, so take my advice please. Just let it go and do the K-3. I still haven't found out the real reason for my denial, just "not a bonifide relationship" great answer to tell you nothing.

You do not have to send letter to CANCEL old petiition. Whoever says you do is wrong. You never will be notified the petition is back in the states. The old petition stays in Limbo in the computer and that is that. I have been there and done that, so take my advice please. Just let it go and do the K-3. I still haven't found out the real reason for my denial, just "not a bonifide relationship" great answer to tell you nothing.

I should have said you will never here from the State Dept telling you anything.

I am just a few steps ahead of you doing the same plan. I asked this same question at CFL about six weeks ago. The answers I got we varied...? The best advise I got was to just let it run and don't cancel it, that's the only way to find out if their are any really big problems waiting for you later on. Do a search and read up on the old posts, but keep in mind that CIS seems to be doing things different than they used to. I got an email and a NOA when my petition got back to USCIS CSC. This is way different than what I read about in old posts. If you look at Brokenheart's timeline you will see that when he tried to cancel his first petition it only confused the hell out of things.

the 1st time i spoke with Mark Ellis, he keep telling me not to cancel my old i-129F. the reason behind that is to find out why it was denied and try to frontload that on the new application. can you have 2 I-129F being process in nvc? i know that eventally the old one need to be cancel.

Peterd01, from looking at your timeline, you are just a month in front of me. i just sent my I-130 a few days ago.

how can i include that as part of my petition since i still have not got a responds back yet and now since i have a noa1.. i need to send the I-129F out in a few days

NOA1 is received petition; NOA2 is approved petition.

It seems the lawyer recommendations is NOT to cancel the previous petition... I would follow that. Find out what you can about the old petition. Include that as part of the new petition

Edited by benc (see edit history)

how can i include that as part of my petition since i still have not got a responds back yet and now since i have a noa1.. i need to send the I-129F out in a few days

It seems the lawyer recommendations is NOT to cancel the previous petition... I would follow that. Find out what you can about the old petition. Include that as part of the new petition

maybe you are pulling a trigger to quickly; you can marry when ever you want; but you should file carefully...

you filed a I-130... why file the I-129F?

Sorry.. I am going to be honest here.. I rarely am :roller:

Why would someone get married and not pursue the I-130? but opt for the I-129F? You want an optional petition for an original wife?

It's original use seems no longer needed.. I wish they would get rid of the I-129F for K3.

Ok.. let's stick to you situation.... you did not file anything with the I-130 to deal with the fiancee issue.. ergo, you'll not have any time to file any extra with the I-129F for K3.

Your only options is to bare your full story (from meeting to interview) and hope someone understands some reason for why you were denied.

According to Marc Ellis, he think that we got denied becuase her ex-husband was Vietnese.

when i file the i-130 , i provided evidents for marrriage ( of course ), on going relation with pictures, telephone bills, and also letter my friend wrote.

I want to go for K3 becuase i hate GUZ. and also i hear is much more friendly oriented in HK and also i can accompany my wife durring the interview.

maybe you are pulling a trigger to quickly; you can marry when ever you want; but you should file carefully...

you filed a I-130... why file the I-129F?

Sorry.. I am going to be honest here.. I rarely am :roller:

Why would someone get married and not pursue the I-130? but opt for the I-129F? You want an optional petition for an original wife?

It's original use seems no longer needed.. I wish they would get rid of the I-129F for K3.

Ok.. let's stick to you situation.... you did not file anything with the I-130 to deal with the fiancee issue.. ergo, you'll not have any time to file any extra with the I-129F for K3.

Your only options is to bare your full story (from meeting to interview) and hope someone understands some reason for why you were denied.

Edited by benc (see edit history)

Sorry to jump in here ... and please forgive me, from any of my posts it should be obvious that paperwork and legalese make my head spin in ways that truly are uncomfortable. But I just recently sent in an I-130. Now I have filled out an I-129F and two more sets of G-325As to send in when I am told to. Is this information wrong? I see the OP being asked why he is sending in I-129F if he is already married. I am married, sent in my I-130, but I thought I had to also send in an I-129F?? Again, sorry if I am easily confused about all of this. But the idea of me making a mistake that costs my wife and I time just makes me queasy.

Appaullo