Lost Approval" for I-129F

My fiancee, now my wife recieved her k1 visa not too long ago. Now we are in the states and ready to start the AOS process.... Now can anyone give like a detailed guide on how and what excat documents that we need to file? Also, I see that we need to submit

A copy of Approval" for I-129F

Now I can't find that document or even know how it looks......Is it necessary?

Thank You

It is required, USCIS uses it to pull the file to adjust from.

It looks like this:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/I-129F-NOAs/NOA2.jpg

To get a replacement one you may need to file an I-824 to request another one. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

strange I have never received that.... when do you normally receive one?

You receive it just before USCIS sends the petition off to NVC.

If you move after you file I-129F, in many cases the approval notice will be lost in the mail (Returned to USCIS) the post office will not forward mail. USCIS marks the mail "Return Service Requested"

I believe they charge a couple of hundred for a duplicate, could be wrong, but I think I read that somewhere.

$340 $405 Fee for I-824 to replace it. Edited by dnoblett
FEE INCREASE! (see edit history)

strange I have never received that.... when do you normally receive one?

You receive it just before USCIS sends the petition off to NVC.

If you move after you file I-129F, in many cases the approval notice will be lost in the mail (Returned to USCIS) the post office will not forward mail. USCIS marks the mail "Return Service Requested"

Dan, I work for the USPS. The letter from USCIS would be First Class Mail and all FCM is forwardable, IF there is a change-of-address on record. A change of address is good for 1 year. If there is no change of address on record then the mail is returned to sender.

By postal regs, any FCM mail marked Return Service Requested must be returned if it is undeliverable as addressed with no forwarding order on file.

Splinterman

This is the paper you should have received once your petition was approved at the service center before being sent to NVC then GZ. All of the papers you receive from the USCIS should be safe guarded.

Form I-485

Supporting evidence filed with Form I-485

• Criminal History
  • Birth Certificate
  • Photos, passport, Qty: 2
  • Copy of passport data page
  • copy of US visa
  • Certified Marriage Certificate
  • USCIS I-129F approval notice
  • Copy of form I-94 (front and back)

Form G-325A (4 copies)

Form I-693

Form I-864

Supporting Evidence filed with Form I-864

• 2006, 2007, & 2008 Tax Rtn w/ W-2 or Tax transcript
  • Letter from you present Employer
  • Copies of last 6 months paystubs

All the aforementioned forms/supporting evidence gets filed with the I-485.

Form I-765 (if you want to file with the I-485 at no charge)

Supporting Evidence filed with Form I-765

• Copy of form I-94 (front and back)

Form I-131 (if you want to file with the I-485 at no charge)

Supporting Evidence filed with Form I-131

• Copy of passport data page
  • Copy of US Visa

I also added a cover letter that specified who I was, who the I-485 was for, and the details of all the supporting evidence that was enclosed.

Of course, do not forget to include the AOS fee.

NOTE: Make copies of everything. DO NOT lose and/or misplace any documents that the USCIS sends you

The question isn't whether or not they have documents, the real question will you comply with the instructions.

The I-485 instructions clearly defines what supporting evidence needs to be submitted.

I used the instructions as a checklist and mark off the items as I collected them.

Plus, you will be requested to bring all these documents again if you have an AOS interview.

My wife and I had an AOS interview and after the multiple times that we submitted our divorce decrees, the IO claimed that those divorce records were not in our file. Thankfully, we had copies to give him.

You have gotten this far, don't risk things by failing to comply.