Punching Holes in forms

PER USCIS:

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

• Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

• Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

• The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

• Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

• Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Yes, this is the way I did it on my I-130, I-129F, and now with the AOS case file packages. Although I have never worked for the Fed's, I have worked for a large unit of government for nearly 34 years; therefore, I guess I understand the issues with respect to processing thousands of files a month and I am not an angry anti-government type personality. I am sure they did "appreciate" the way I prepared and submitted the files.

Moreover, did I ever mention, that I have a friend in East Los Angeles who operates a metal plating shop....I sent him my zinc coated Acco clips, and had them Chrome plated, for use in my files. I figure I got 'extra-credit' for my efforts. :D

I know David will appreciate this one......

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ShaQuaNew

They have all of us poor bastards intimidated and skeered to not follow their, "suggestions". I'm gonna punch the holes and ACCO them all together...

Cheers,

Intimidated ZZ

The only suggestions I've ever seen from the USCIS relating to completing forms, is to fill them out completely, accurately, and honestly. Never read anything, anywhere about punching holes in no damned paperwork. Of course, there is a clause about adding perfume and tying a bow...

:P