Getting a Chinese visa in the US

Not limited to consulate with jurisdiction.

In my case this would be NYC, but for the past 3 times I have applied for a visa, I have used Oasis Visa Service which uses the Chinese Embassy in DC to get visas.

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/tourist_visa.html

Not limited to consulate with jurisdiction.

In my case this would be NYC, but for the past 3 times I have applied for a visa, I have used Oasis Visa Service which uses the Chinese Embassy in DC to get visas.

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/tourist_visa.html

The Visa service will always go through their correct consulate, not yours.

If you go in person to a consulate other than the one which services your home, you MAY be turned away by the guards. If you simply walk in and up to the counter, they may let you apply there.

I am sorry to post this reply again, but I wanted to get the info for 2 year, multi-entry, 90 day visit VISAS into this thread, Mike & Yizhen

Today we finally picked up my visa for the interview trip. After all the discussion here about the different visa restrictions and available durations, we chose to apply for a 2 year, multi-entry, with 90 day stays. It was no problem, the woman looked in my visa, and asked if I had proof of marriage to a Chinese citizen. I had the "little red book", she made a copy and away we go! To my surprise, the fee for the 2 years is the same as 1 year $130. The 90 days was not really a requirement for this trip, but it could come into play over the next 2 years. Thanks to everyone who put their $.02 into the visa threads so we could be aware of the options. Mike & Yizhen

By the way Chicago Consulate was very busy, 90 minutes on Monday am, and pick-up on Friday unless you pay extra. Drop off in the am and $30 to pick-up same day pm.

They have a number system now! You can get your number and go for coffee or breakfast.

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

Does it matter the visa category type they issue you?

First visa I got was a category L, now I got an F type. It known as business visa, will this give me any problems when I go to China?

I made a copy of the forms I sent in I did check Tourism.

Did you get this visa yourself? Were you there in-person? Maybe you should have checked the visa before you left the consulate. If it was a visa service, they should take care of the problem, at their expense, very quickly. I am not sure what problems you might have with the wrong visa type, but you don't want your trip ruined when you are not allowed to enter China. Someone with more experience with business visas will come along soon and help you. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

Does it matter the visa category type they issue you?

First visa I got was a category L, now I got an F type. It known as business visa, will this give me any problems when I go to China?

I made a copy of the forms I sent in I did check Tourism.

I have always had a Type F business visa. I do business in China. However, I also go over purely on vacation. I have oftened wondered what would happened if I checked Tourist on the immigration form. I have always checked Business, just in case. I have been to China 11 times. I have Never been asked where I would be working in China. My guess is that it doesn't matter.

For FranknStephanie, since they used a service, would it be better to have it corrected, or should he just state the trip was for business at customs? Does it matter for GUZ? Are there any different rules or restrictions? I wouldn't want him to have any problems. Mike & Yizhen

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/

...I have used Oasis for three visas and am very satisfied with their service. They are outside of WDC in MD and walk the apps through...I receive my passport/visa in 10 to 12 days with the regular service. Send a copy of your Red Book with your app for muti-entrance and 2 year, they may give it to you.

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/

ZZ

It don't matter what state you live in

He can get you another one even if you are in Hong Kong at the time.

Micheal is in Houston Texas he will give you 1 week or less service on any Chinese visa

service@mdvisaplus.com

The last one I got from him was $157.00 in April 2008

Min Michael Du

MD Visa Plus

Toll Free: 1.866-9638472

Phone: 713.493.1888

Fax: 281.265.3840

Email: service@mdvisaplus.com

Web: www.mdvisaplus.com

Edited by okie2 (see edit history)

Great news! I got my 2-year, 90-day multiple entry visa! I promised I'd post with the details about where I got it, and what I submitted...but it's great to see that other people (mikepellicore) were successful too!

After some shopping around, I decided to go with mychinavisa.com -- in Houston, Texas. Besides my passport, I enclosed a letter stating why I wanted the 2-year multiple entry 90 day visa, along with copies of my husband's passport, our marriage certificate (the little red book one from China), and copies of my previous China visas and entry/exit stamps in and out of China. It was probably overkill, given what mikepellicore described...but on the other hand, I wanted to make sure the evidence was overwhelmingly in my favor, in case there was any doubt.

I was also extremely satisfied with mychinavisa.com's service. They sent me an e-mail upon receipt of my materials (April 2), and I got the visa just a half hour ago by FedEx. I was surprised by how fast the turnaround was!

Maybe things are loosening up at the consulates, post-Olympics? Whatever it is, things are looking good if you want to go for a 2-year, 90-day multiple entry.

Great news! I got my 2-year, 90-day multiple entry visa! I promised I'd post with the details about where I got it, and what I submitted...but it's great to see that other people (mikepellicore) were successful too!

After some shopping around, I decided to go with mychinavisa.com -- in Houston, Texas. Besides my passport, I enclosed a letter stating why I wanted the 2-year multiple entry 90 day visa, along with copies of my husband's passport, our marriage certificate (the little red book one from China), and copies of my previous China visas and entry/exit stamps in and out of China. It was probably overkill, given what mikepellicore described...but on the other hand, I wanted to make sure the evidence was overwhelmingly in my favor, in case there was any doubt.

I was also extremely satisfied with mychinavisa.com's service. They sent me an e-mail upon receipt of my materials (April 2), and I got the visa just a half hour ago by FedEx. I was surprised by how fast the turnaround was!

Maybe things are loosening up at the consulates, post-Olympics? Whatever it is, things are looking good if you want to go for a 2-year, 90-day multiple entry.

How difficult would it be to get a 1 year, 2 entry visa for my first tourist visa?

Christopher

How difficult would it be to get a 1 year, 2 entry visa for my first tourist visa?

Christopher

That's not difficult at all. A one-year multiple entry visa is pretty basic, from what I understand. It's only when you're trying to get a 2-year multiple entry that things are not as guaranteed. In fact, mychinavisa.com automatically gets 1-year multiple entry visas for all US passport holders:

**For US passport holders, the Chinese Consulate charges the same fee for all types of visas. Therefore we'll automatically obtain 12-month multiple entry tourist visas for all our clients except in certain special-case situations.

Hey Jocelyn.... nice thread... thanks for sharing this !

My pleasure David!

BTW, I forgot to mention...I went with the regular turnaround service for mychinavisa.com -- which was really extremely fast IMHO. So, if you decide to go through them, unless you absolutely need the visa within a few days, save your money and choose the regular, 4-day turnaround. It's still fast enough for most situations.

Also, I submitted a copy of my e-ticket in the package.

Edited by Jocelyn (see edit history)