married woman here on a work visa, Now what?

My wife got a call from a friend of hers who has a friend here on a work visa from China. She married a US citizen and doesn't know what forms she will have to send in to immigration. We went the K1 visa route. So what should this couple do now after they got married? I'd offer to help them fill out the papperwork. Robert

File I130, I485, I765, I693, I131. The fees for I765 and I131 are included with the I485 fee. Good Luck

Thanks, Will meet them tomorrow and look at the forms with them.

Since she has been here working in the US on a work visa, then met someone and got married do they have to file the I130,I131 ??

File I130, I485, I765, I693, I131. The fees for I765 and I131 are included with the I485 fee. Good Luck

Thanks, Will meet them tomorrow and look at the forms with them.

Since she has been here working in the US on a work visa, then met someone and got married do they have to file the I130,I131 ??

The work visa is a temporary visa - she can only Adjust status from the I-130. The I-131 is for advance parole, if she wants to leave the country and come back. Like STephen said it's free, but of course optional.

The I-765 will get her an EAD card, also free and optional. If her work visa expires, she may need this to work.

K-1's and K-2's can adjust status - others must have an approved I-130.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)