Attorney Collecting Horror Stories

hkg - ok - then i'm sticking with the braindead clerk theory.

sorry you got such an email response, i truly think was due to brain dead clerk.

sorry you got such an email response, i truly think was due to brain dead clerk.

I doubt it was a "braindead clerk". Why put the blame on an underling?

whoever it may be, dedicated a complete web page on the subject an a specific email address.

whoever it may be, dedicated a complete web page on the subject an a specific email address.

I sent my horror story in to this guy,I never got anything back from him.I am wondering why you got this type of email back. did anyone else get something like this back?i know a bunch of people sent their horror stories in to him.

jimi

If you were serious about giving him your story you could pick up the phone and call or just send him an email directly.

Instead you chose to use the firms public website and are offended by the standard message. It was a web page, it is not intelligent enough to know your intent and you should be intelligent to understand that.

Roth did email me back, the copy of my initial email is in another thread. His email was pointed and direct about his wanting to gather up 'case studies' for white slips at guangzhou.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

If you were serious about giving him your story you could pick up the phone and call or just send him an email directly.

Instead you chose to use the firms public website and are offended by the standard message. It was a web page, it is not intelligent enough to know your intent and you should be intelligent to understand that.

Fisher3, sometimes your post make about as much sense as a screen door in a submarine, that web page you speak of is dedicated to Roth's pursuit of finding "horror stories" and so is the email address in that web page.

Edited by HKG (see edit history)

I had to look at the website to see who you were talking about, but I used this attorney back in 2004 and got a k1 visa in 11 months... I didn't know of CFL then, but they were worth the money then.

They were very professional and took care of everything. I could call and shoot the breeze on several occasions... I have nothing negative to say about this firm.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

Lee - I think that's a bit harsh.

Do you know the backstory ? did you read the other thread I started ?

FWIW, Roth's email server stuff bounced on him recently - we just learned of this today. I guessing that hkg's email got tripped up in a standard reply filter queue.

If you don't know the backstory (including the urls) I do beg of you, take a few moments, read it.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Lee - I think that's a bit harsh.

Do you know the backstory ? did you read the other thread I started ?

FWIW, Roth's email server stuff bounced on him recently - we just learned of this today. I guessing that hkg's email got tripped up in a standard reply filter queue.

If you don't know the backstory (including the urls) I do beg of you, take a few moments, read it.

It more a matter of expectations.

Mail and Web servers crash more often than telephone systems, plus many people live with the expectation that since they sent an email it got to the person and they actually read it.

I've had customers send me and email after 10pm and by 11pm they are ranting in another because I didn't know to wake up and check the companies email system. If it's a real emergency they need to call me instead of assuming I know there is a problem. The same rule applies when sending an important email.

Picking up the phone is one sure way to resolve questions about whether someone wants to talk to you or got your email instead of bad mouthing someone which as it turns out was due to a technology problem and not the recipients intent.

OK folks, I posted this reply I received from Mr. Roth in the other thread but due to all the conjecture and speculative rantings in this thread, I am posting it here as well:

Warren,

I think I lost your recent emails to me (since 2/24/09) due to an Outlook crash on my server, so please re-send.

In addition to adding two of my clients¡¯ stories to my submission to DoS, I have decided to add yours and the story of another Candle for Love member. I am not adding a lot of stories from other people because this type of complaint has to be very, very carefully focused so that the Consulate doesn't have the opportunity to knock down straw men or answer only those parts of the challenge that they want to and ignore the rest. Still, your story and attempts to obtain information will be a useful addition, partially because you yourself were disciplined in your letters. So, if you could just save me some time by organizing it all. I¡¯d like you to write an index followed by appendices which contain all your correspondences with the U.S. government. Please number the appendices rather than using letters (I will be using letters, so we should pick different schemes to avoid confusion about which appendix belongs to which letter). After your index, place the letters in full.

Another way to go about this is to annotate your final letter reciting your case history with ¡° (See Appendix 1)¡±, etc. Actually, that will probably work best. This way I can just add your contribution to my own as a single appendix with everything internally organized by you.

Best regards,

John F. Roth

Law Offices of John F. Roth

What I know from this and other emails I've received from him Mr. Roth has already selected the stories he intends to use. I sent off my compilation to him on Thurs 3/4 in the form he asked. It took a lot of work on my part but I believe it's worth it if it can result in any persons future filings ending up with white or terminal blue slips. I didn't do it for myself, I did it for those who follow me.

Maybe his letter above will explain why some people who did respond to his request haven't been included in the complaint. He explains why he can't and isn't including EVERY story in it.

Roth is NOT a member of CFL and he is not trolling for new clients. He doesn't owe ANYONE on this website any explanation for anything and it is a preposterous idea that anyone here would think otherwise. If he didn't select your story to include, don't be offended and certainly don't go eating sour grapes because of it, or finding more fault because you replied to his firm's webpage and got some canned response. He's answered every email I've sent him and sent me some with info that were not solicited or asked for. My thinking on getting a canned response is that is is some form of error, either on the part of his receptionist or on his hardware.

I wouldn't have felt offended if he had decided not to use my story. I didn't send it to him with any grandiose expectations that it could help my white slip situation at all-I did it with the hope that it can prevent future couples from getting boned in the way many of us here on CFL have been by GUZ. I would have just shrugged it off and figured it didn't meet the parameters he had established that would help to really put a squeeze on GUZ's balls. Isn't that what it was all about anyway? Did anyone here send their story to Roth just because they wanted to see their name in print or expect some kind of bonus in the form of GUZ being forced to re-evaluate their case? I wouldn't be second-guessing his intentions, demanding explanations or lashing out at others because I wasn't one of his 'exhibits'. That's akin to taking your ball and going home because you didn't like the call.

Personally, regardless of me being one of the horror stories or not, I would still be damn happy to see that SOMEONE is trying to lead a charge on Guangzhou the way so many people here have suggested that it needs to be done. Nobody here has the knowledge or will to do it so an 'outsider' took on the job. Be gracious enough to hope and/or pray that it has the intended result. Why be small when you can be BIG?

Even if your story wasn't selected, you're still part of the solution to the problem of Guangzhou!!

Splinterman