Question on submitting I-129F after receiving NOA1

Hi,

I received the NOA1 today in my mailbox. I then read the k3 guide at visajourney, which says once I receive NOA1, I can submit I-129F. It states that it needs to be included:

Copy of I-130 Transfer Notice (indicating where your underlying I-130 petition was routed to after it was filed at the appropriate Chicago Lockbox).

and

Copy of the NOA1 from the I-130

The Copy of the NOA1 from the I-130 is the only paper I got today, I am not sure about the first one. Does anyone know?

Thank you very much

Ricky

The instructions say :(U.S. citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their alien spouses must also include evidence that they have filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of the alien spouse listed on this form, and a marriage certificate evidencing the legal marriage between the citizen and alien.) But, if you have been reading at Visa journey then you know that I130¡¯s filed with I129f for K3 are taking longer to process than I130 filed by itself. Of course like anything with uscis it¡¯s subject to change. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I received the NOA1 today in my mailbox. I then read the k3 guide at visajourney, which says once I receive NOA1, I can submit I-129F. It states that it needs to be included:

Copy of I-130 Transfer Notice (indicating where your underlying I-130 petition was routed to after it was filed at the appropriate Chicago Lockbox).

and

The Copy of the NOA1 from the I-130 is the only paper I got today, I am not sure about the first one. Does anyone know?

Thank you very much

Ricky

Did you ever receive this notice? what did you send in your package, just what was listed in the VJ K3 step-by-step?

Hi,

and

Thank you very much

Ricky

I just got my NOA1 also and I didn't see anything for a transfer notice I've seen this question asked before and I don't think we will get one. I sent my package in today without it.

Edited by peterd01 (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

I received my NOA1 a couple days ago and also am starting my I-129F.

I am from FL and my I-130 was sent to the CA office...in the I-129 instructions I am supposed to send my packet to TX. This perplexes me and makes me wonder if the system is intelligent enough to work my case from two different offices. What do y'all think?

:blink:

I am from FL and my I-130 was sent to the CA office...in the I-129 instructions I am supposed to send my packet to TX. This perplexes me and makes me wonder if the system is intelligent enough to work my case from two different offices. What do y'all think?

:unsure:

They are two different applications, and you should not assume that anything in one can be made part of the other.

The K-3 can even be shipped to a different consulate/embassy, if the marriage had taken place in a different country.

They are two different applications, and you should not assume that anything in one can be made part of the other.

The K-3 can even be shipped to a different consulate/embassy, if the marriage had taken place in a different country.

I will use birth cert., marriage cert, g-325a, pics, a/l tickets, e-mails, etc...right?

And you are saying I should send the I-129 to TX while my I-130 is now in CA?

Thanx, Randy....ZZ

I will use birth cert., marriage cert, g-325a, pics, a/l tickets, e-mails, etc...right?

And you are saying I should send the I-129 to TX while my I-130 is now in CA?

Thanx, Randy....ZZ

Yes (follow the directions) but wait on that until someone who has actually filed a K-3 confirms.

:surprise:

I would suggest you rethink this a bit.

The I-129f application for a K-3 is supposed to be sent to the address listed in the NOA-1 from the I-130.

Everything you submitted for the I-130, including the proof of bonafide relationship stuff - you send it all in AGAIN for the K-3'd I-129f.

These are seperate petitions, even though for the same beneficiary - do not assume one thing in the I-130 will be looked at for the I-129f , then you decide to NOT include it for the I-129f, thinking , "I sent it in already, they have it".

Treat them both as totally seperate, and of course - you'll have to provide copies of everything you've already submitted with the I-130, for the new I-129f.

Good Luck !