Canadian Visa Resources?

Hey all,

My wife has been helping a friend of hers translate emails and such for prospective suitors for quite a while now. It looks like it may have finally come to fruition, as she told my wife that she has found a good man and they want to marry. The thing is, he's Canadian, and doesn't have the foggiest idea what to do about getting her here. Does anybody here have any good information as to what their Visa options are? Any links to the Canadian version of USCIS? Are they similar to ours as respects fiancee and marriage visa's? Any input would be appreciated because Oklahoma is long way from Calgary. :o

Jeff

Hey all,

My wife has been helping a friend of hers translate emails and such for prospective suitors for quite a while now. It looks like it may have finally come to fruition, as she told my wife that she has found a good man and they want to marry. The thing is, he's Canadian, and doesn't have the foggiest idea what to do about getting her here. Does anybody here have any good information as to what their Visa options are? Any links to the Canadian version of USCIS? Are they similar to ours as respects fiancee and marriage visa's? Any input would be appreciated because Oklahoma is long way from Calgary. :rolleyes:

Jeff

Jeff,

Just a fast post in passing, since I'm still resting up a bit.

I believe that Visa Journey had a complete separate thread regard to Canadians and their processes. I don't know very much about the Canadian options, so I would advise her friend to follow the advice of C4Racer and Randy, until proven otherwise.

Dave

I know a couple where the chinese female national was denied (a.k.a. white slip) due to some confusion over the interview questions... They filed again.

This time, the man went to the interview as well. They were taken to separate rooms; he was questioned extensively and it appeared they were offering him a chance to back out of it all together based on the first interview (ie: they told him the slip ups that occurred and wanted assurance from him that he truly believed there was no fraud on her part).

Here is a discussion board:

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/default.asp