More first step questions

OK, so now i am getting ready for my second trip and we have both decided we want to get married and start the paperwork. It is really just so hard being so far apart. We have some thoughts that could use some guidance.

A bit of background so it helps with advise. I am 39 and she is 28. We met 5 months ago on the net. We met face to face for 17 days in Jan 09. I was married once before with someone I brought on a K1 from Vietnam. It ended over 1 year ago. She just wanted a green card.

First off, my fiance spoke to yang today. She has a chinese site like Candle for love she found and also they talk about the Yangs. He told her that in Jan there were a lot of white but not so many just a lot. He also told her that this month there is alot of pink. He did say our case should be easy as we are not to bad in the age difference as well she can speak great english. Also my income is enough. He said no problem to go thru GUZ.

We were thinking of going to Hong Kong and get married as I know it is much easier for the interview.

I understand we can get married and she did get a visa to Hong Kong but the government in her city told her very clearly she cannot get married in HK unless she lives there. They said mainland chinese girls are not allowed to marry in HK unless they live in HK. I think this is wrong from what i hear.

Also, my parents have really shocked me today. They are here in Florida staying with me for 2 months and see us chatting and talking and video conf. everyday for hours. They are very cautious about everything and had a cow when I first told them about her. Mainly because of my last marriage. Now thay say hi to her often and also talk with her. Today at lunch my mom asked me my plans with her. She said she wanted to know ahead of time what I will do since the last time I told them after the fact. She also wants to come to china for the wedding. I told her I will go soon and she told me to get their chinese visa's so they can come also. I just really almost fell on the floor when i heard this. If you knew my parents youd understand. Now I have lived all over the world with my parents and it shocked me when she said this. Just they will fly to china for my wedding is the shocker. Anyway it is good news for me as I DO believe having my parents come to china for my wedding will help alot with the proof. My father retired very high in the Dept of Defense so I think this shows a bit of truthfullness on thier part for the interviewer. They also said they will fly over for the interview. Not that they could attend but having them and their passports there would surely help I think.

Well, any advise at this point would help a lot.

Thanks,

JS

I say Marry in HKG

Parents not need HK Visa .

Plan on 15 days - file on day 1, marry on day 15.

Front Load the I-130, don't worry about a K-3 .

You can hire a Hong Kong lawyer to do all of the ground work for you so you can marry on day 1, that's what we did. costs about $350 and must send all the paperwork to the lawyer about six weeks before the marriage. Saves all the hassle of getting the marriageability cert from an embassy.

1st, Congratulations. I wish you and your fiancee the best.

I understand your concern because of your past relationship..I waited a long time because my ex left after 6 weeks. Then I thought all she wanted was a green card... today after talking to her 3 years later, I feel it was cultural differences that were not dealt with and 3rd parties getting involved... I really did love that woman... but that is the past and my present wife is a good woman who I want to make very happy.

Anyway, look at my time line... I waited almost 2 years for our p2 to come.

I think your parents going to the marriage will be very positive for your case, HIGHTLIGHT and speak of it in your letter in your letter of evolution in your filing. I think you will be fine, just explain why the past one went bad and how hurt your were if that is the case,... etc.

Good luck to you and your lovely one.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I say Marry in HKG

You can hire a Hong Kong lawyer to do all of the ground work for you so you can marry on day 1, that's what we did. costs about $350 and must send all the paperwork to the lawyer about six weeks before the marriage. Saves all the hassle of getting the marriageability cert from an embassy.

This was no hassle at all. I did spend a day getting everything together, but really no problem.

I say Marry in HKG

woops, i must have been brain dead.

of course, must do k-3 in hkg, i am dead sorry.

Thanks for all the help, this is what I have been thinking but I just need some conformation. We will start planning our trip to HK. I think this is the best choice. I really want to remove GUZ from our life.

Also Peterd01, if you have the name of the laywer you used could you sent it to me with some contact info. Thanks so much.

JS

Edited by jst (see edit history)