2/23/09 PINK!!!!!!

maxsalvo

Mega Congratulations !!!! :D :toot: :toot: :toot:

You must be one of those very lucky 20% who now get the PINK Slip !? :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

I note with interest, your FIVE visits to your woman.....I am sure the good folks at GUZ, noted that too !! ;)

Best wishes !!! :D

The interview was on a Monday. I went to the ACS on Friday and got my Evolution of Relationship Letter notarized along with my I-134. There was no fee for the I-134 but they insisted I pay USD$30 for the evolution letter since It wasn't a requirement. At first I was a little skeptical of whether or not going to the ACS was useful or not. I'm still not 100% certain but maybe about 75% sure it helped.

Interview - My fiance got up to the 5th floor at about 8AM. When it was her turn to submit all of her papers they made her leave the area to acquire a copy of her passport. She had to take a number and wait again for her turn. She said about 1 more hour. She watched as several older couples were refused and got the blue paper. Out of the 4 American/China couples who we saw together at the steps during the wait in line, she said all 4 got pink slips. I saw one of these women come out looking for her fiance in a frantic mood. I'm assuming she was missing something or needed a copy of her passport. I waited in the coffee shop but her fiance left because the prices were too high. Myself, I think he should have paid the 55rmb for a coffee and secured a seat right next to the exit so he could be found easily if his girl needed him. I would suggest others stay in the area if they can. She came out with the pink slip at around 10:30AM

Note about questions: Many of the questions appeared to come from statements made in the Evolution letter. Also, the letter stated that my fiance knew English quite well. The interviewer never asked anything about her English ability and it was as if she had already read the evolution letter before seeing it. This makes me think she had seen a copy of it after I had it notarized a few days earlier. The interview started and ended entirely in English with no Chinese words spoken.

My fiance said that almost every question the VO asked was covered the night before when we went over the 95 Q/A's posted on this site :ph34r:

Interview Questions (3-5 minutes)

• Can you speak English - Yes
  • When was the first time you met - Fall 2006
  • How did you meet - dating website
  • How many times has he visited you - 6 times
  • Has your fiance ever been married - No
  • Does he have any children - No
  • How do you communicate with each other - by phone
  • Show me the phone records please - OK
  • Do you have pictures - Yes
  • Why so few pictures - Dont like my picture taken
  • How many Brothers and Sisters does he have - 1 bother & 1 sister
  • Where do they live - Illinois and Florida (VO made comment about being from FL herself)
  • Is your fiance with you today/where is he - Yes 4th floor waiting
  • Will your Mother worry when you go to America - Yes of course
  • Congratulations! You got the visa

The VO was a white woman about 30-40 years old. She always had a smile on her face and made my fiance not as intimidated as some of the other VO's she saw. The VO also told her she was from Florida.

Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences to CFL for the benefit of others.

The interview was on a Monday. I went to the ACS on Friday and got my Evolution of Relationship Letter notarized along with my I-134. There was no fee for the I-134 but they insisted I pay USD$30 for the evolution letter since It wasn't a requirement. At first I was a little skeptical of whether or not going to the ACS was useful or not. I'm still not 100% certain but maybe about 75% sure it helped

Congrats! I'm sure going to ACS looked really good to them. Glad you did it. Did they ask you any questions for her file during your ACS visit?

Did they ask you any questions for her file during your ACS visit?

No - the lady I spoke to said the ACS and Visa center were two separate areas and not connected. I found this odd to say the least. The girl seemed to be new or not very experienced. I do believe it helped though.

Did they ask you any questions for her file during your ACS visit?

No - the lady I spoke to said the ACS and Visa center were two separate areas and not connected. I found this odd to say the least. The girl seemed to be new or not very experienced. I do believe it helped though.

Yes, this is true, they are two separate areas with separate roles and each ACH/Visa Interview and ASC sections, with its own set of security windows. However, the Consular employees can walk back and forth between the two areas. I visited both the ACH and the ASC a few times each, and on my last two visits to ACS, I watched them do this from the ACS window as they checked the status of our visas and retrieved doc's from the other side of the office.

They were always very friendly and helpful on each of my visits.

In fact, the man who was at my last ACH visit in November, was the same gentleman who interviewed my wife, the following June. As our interview was on a Monday, I missed attending the ACH just prior to interview day.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)