Interview Date

My case was sent to Guangzhou at the end of January. How do I fund out when the interview date is? I do not know who to call to find out this piece of information. <_< :unsure: :unsure:

My case was sent to Guangzhou at the end of January. How do I fund out when the interview date is? I do not know who to call to find out this piece of information. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

hi phil,

dail 202-663-1225, select 1, then 0. Have your nvc case# and beneficiary's name and dob ready, they may ask who is calling as well. you timeline is fast, compared to my timeline, good luck. :lol:

Phillip2 - realistically, a bit of patience and yet another wait (YAW) is in order, now.

Petitions, regardless of the type, suffer a wait period between 2 to 6 months, once it's left NVC.

It may take a single week for it to physically arrive in GUZ, but it's held in a warehouse for additional time.

Once it's pulled out of the warehouse, and the physical casefile opened, then there will be a status of 'opened' . There's some other mystical stuff that will go on, at this time, for name checks, interview date scheduling, etc etc. Once the status changes to 'opened' - then you can call DOS every coupla days, ask about the status. At some point, the interview date will be assigned and you can know it via telephone. Just remember that DOS's mirror of the status at GUZ is delayed, by 1 to 5 days.

The actual interview date will be in the P-4 packet that your wife will receive, and USUALLY there's 3 to 7 weeks between receiving this letter and the interview date - which is more than enough time to handle the medical examination.

Good Luck !

PS - the only way things might 'go faster' is if you had an 'expedite' in place, already.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)