An Interesting Thing Happened When I

Hi Everyone,

This morning I had to remove my heart form my throat when I was checking my I-130 & I-129F at the BCIS web site. I first put in the I-129F first sense this one always has a short time for processing. When the results of the Case Status came up, I thought I was going to die! The page came up with a processing time of .... not 60 to 90 days or 150 to forever, but 15 to 21 days. :o

I quickly decided to check for the I-130 thinking that this had to be an error. Well! To my surprise, what was once 395 to 445 days and rising is now suddenly at 30 to 90 days. :D :redblob: :P :redblob: :unsure: <_< B) :redblob: :greenblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :redblob:

OK, now will some body please pinch me? I am waiting for the NCSC to open to confirm what I just read. Is this actualy movment in the system? Or is this just an illusion or a very bad joke...... :o ;) :huh:

I am hoping that the processing times are true. If thy are, my wife could be here in time for our 1 year wedding anniversary.

There killing me!

Bryan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the processing days for the I-129F are correct. I was able to submit an action request for the Visa. :blink:

The bad news is the processing days for the I-130 are in error. The time is still suggested at 16+ months.

So it looks like there is some movement here.

Good luck to everyone else.

Bryan

Guest Se_Lang

dito TSC here

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on September 19, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 15 and 21 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Hehe, just checked our I-485 AOS status online,  IT'S"30-90 days" !  As far as I know for AOS in New York it takes 720 days to process!

How did you manage to do this Manhatten and which web site did you go to? :) What did you use for the thirteen digit number?

I'm not joking Mick.  I got the receipt with a MSC+10 digit number after filing I-485 about a month ago.  This is the "receipt number" I used to check the status.

That's great Manhatten. Again, it appears each center does things differently. We received both the cash register receipt thingy as well as a letter, but neither had any such number. :)

Well Mick, I am not sure if that's great or not. I heard because of the backlot in New York they moved some files for processing to MSC. I called the info line they told me after the fingerprinting, there will be security checks before sending back to the original district office for quequing for the interview. NYC processing time is still 720+ days for AOS.

Well Mick, I am not sure if that's great or not.  I heard because of the backlot in New York they moved some files for processing to MSC.  I called the info line they told me after the fingerprinting, there will be security checks before sending back to the original district office for quequing for the interview.  NYC processing time is still 720+ days for AOS.

Well, that figures. :)

Interesting to note they are doing further security checks for AOS. Seems like they exhausted the system just to issue the visa. Anyone know what kind of checks they do for AOS? :D

Guest Se_Lang
If you are going to count days so carefully, might I recommend Prozac?

Disclaimer:  I'm not an MD, but I played one on TV.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/tv.gif

Yes, but probably a double dose is best cause after I find out it is an error I am going to be depressed :)

Ok, how much extra CASH did you add in your application packet?

Let us all know what happens in a month. Hopefully they also prioritize those people that have been on the list for 6 months.

Ok, so the I-129 is for the Fiancee, and the I-130 must be for children. Wouldn't it make sense to process them together. What if the Fiancee gets the visa a year ahead of the children?

----- Clifford -----