Guangzhou marriage registration

If I understand correctly a marriage in Zhanjiang must now be registered in Guangzhou, is this correct??

New policy took effect the first of Oct.

This will definitely keep us on the move if true, I'm only there for nine days.

While not absolutely, positively getting married we have discussed and I'm taking all the authenticated paperwork required for marriage.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Guest Se_Lang
While not absolutely, positively getting married we have discussed and I'm taking all the authenticated paperwork required for marriage.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but getting married would extend your time line compared to doing a K-1 and getting married in the US.

Guest Se_Lang
Alaska files with NSC. A K-3 would likely be months faster than a K-1.

Really, I am under TSC, which would have been faster for me? LOL now that I have already started the K1 :lol:

I have been told that the K-3 spouse process is currently much quicker that the K-1, I may have understood incorrectly but the info came from the Zhanjiang Marriage Agency and other info has proven reliable inthe past.

The K-3 applicant awaits processing in the US with the US spouse while K-1's await paperwork in China.

Or, am I mistaken again??

I haven't seen the current time line on K-3 vs K-1 but theoretically the K-3 advantage that they do get to what out the process in the US. In the past, it really didn't seem to work out that way though.

As for having to register in capital city, Liaoning Province was doing that for foreigners getting married several years ago.

Guest Se_Lang
:D:o:o Ok so I am really lost now, I was under the impression K1 was the fastest so can somebody point me to a good web site or send me info about how K3 works, all the post I read about married couples was they were waiting so long to be with thier spouses if they are waiting together it is not so bad.
Guest Se_Lang
:D:o:o Ok so I am really lost now, I was under the impression K1 was the fastest so can somebody point me to a good web site or send me info about how K3 works, all the post I read about married couples was they were waiting so long to be with thier spouses if they are waiting together it is not so bad.

OK, I just remembered I have to wait 6 months after divorce to get married so I think K1 is fastest for me, since my packet is waiting at INS for the next 5-6 months :P

But for future ref it would be nice to have info anyway I would like to know were I went wrong in K1 vs K3

Way back when K1 used to be faster. However, all that seem to change during the Black Hole era, or maybe even before. Lots of web sites may still have outdated info. Not sure about K3, but our K1 took eighteen months. :blink:

Is that fast or what! :blink:

Guest Se_Lang
Way back when K1 used to be faster. However, all that seem to change during the Black Hole era, or maybe even before. Lots of web sites may still have outdated info. Not sure about K3, but our K1 took eighteen months. :blink:

Is that fast or what!  :blink:

when was that, and what is my best option at this point I have a guess of around 10-12 months for me is that wishful thinking?

Prior to 2001 (way back when :D ), INS plus many of the web sites of that era published K1 time lines at 4-6 months. That all changed after 9/11. Used to be the advertised time frame for K1 was maximum six months whereas K3 was 9-12 months.

During our era of processing, things seemed to be at their slowest due to the changes implemented in the summer of 2002. We initiated our process in September 2001, had successful interview in August, 2002, and still had to wait seven more months before they would issue the visa. More namechecks were required. This was the era of the Black Hole Gang.

I think the processing is faster now in most cases. However, it still seems to take one year plus. I think this is due to the new system of things going through NVC. All I can suggest is to remain proactive in pursuit of information regarding your case and also remain patient, although it is difficult. Eventually, the light will break through.

Best of luck to you. :)

Guest Se_Lang

Well if you saw the other thread the TSC time went from 150-180 days to 15-21 days so if this is true and stays that way I think I am in luck of under a year unless they create a bottle neck farther up the line, as always time will tell, a question I asked over there was when do I count 15-21 days from? this thursday is 21 days for me if I count from NOA1 reciept date.