A Former Consular Officer Speaks Out

possibly doesn't apply here but.....any statistics on current success rates for K visas?

reason I ask is I have an acquantance whose wife recently (2 weeks ago) interviewed for K-3 @ GUZ. pink. he says of 150 applicants that day, all K based, only 1 denial.....

when Ling interviewed 123008 she saw 200 of 300 shot down....

seems like a startling reversal....what are the odds of this group of 150 being so well prepared vs Ling's 300?....

sorry for highjacking Splinterman....

BilLing,

So I am to assume your acquaintance says he actually counted 150 people applying for visas that day and after physically seeing all 150 results, there was only 1 denial? Your acquaintance must have been very busy that day! :)

Ling was actually physically able to see 200 visa applicants denied that day? :o

Now Charles, there you go again !!!!!

The facts and the evidence is so clear !!

There has been a complete reversal of the M.O. at GUZ !!

IMBRA is surely out the window now too !!

Thank you President Obama and thank you new Sec of State, Clinton, for addressing this issue in the first 60 days in office !!

Oh Charles..... :roller: :blink: :( :toot:

:D Jes couldn' hep mysef!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

possibly doesn't apply here but.....any statistics on current success rates for K visas?

reason I ask is I have an acquantance whose wife recently (2 weeks ago) interviewed for K-3 @ GUZ. pink. he says of 150 applicants that day, all K based, only 1 denial.....

seems like a startling reversal....what are the odds of this group of 150 being so well prepared vs Ling's 300?....

BilLing, you didn't hijack so no apology needed. But you DID add an interesting idea-that maybe the trend is starting to reverse itself in GUZ. Could it be that the oppressive policies of the former Administration are beginning to be swept out the door? A 'friendlier' government?

I'd sure be damn glad to see that happening...

Splinterman

I hope your right....that we are seeing a friendlier government. I think the last administration tried to keep this nation safe,in the end however....everyone became suspect.....as which is the mindset of Guz....everyones a criminal...a bad guy,. . So I hope to God,this is a much friendlier administration,and will see some easing up in Guz,less paranoia,less lynch mob mentality.I am seeing more "pink" on here as well as on 001. Maybe its a good sign !!!!!! lets hope.

jimi

From the tiny research I've done, the department of state is an independent arm of the government. That is why they have the G-classes. They are above partisan politics. Theoretically. The new government in DC only sets the policy. Be hard, take it easy. However the current occupant chooses to stress specific things is where the difficulty comes into it.

Chilton747,

my numbers are obviously unofficial. that's why I asked if anyone had any further stats.

Ling remained in GUZ the day after her denial and heard thru "sources" near her hotel the failure rate of 123008. I posted the same when I reported her interview results in early January.

I assume my friend and his wife did likewise. sorry I can't provide specifics beyond that.

I typically don't traffic in hearsay and was reluctant to post as it was. but much of what is threaded on this site is deduction from many sources. this is merely another.

take it for what it's worth.

Me and my sweetheart are now deciding weather to get married in mainland china or Hong Kong. She called the Yangs hotel a few days ago and spoke to Mr. Yang. She had some specific questions and in the course of the phone call he told her that starting in FEB that most people were getting pink. He said it was a complete change from the previous months where most people were getting white or blue.

I do have to say that the change in GUZ would not be related to the change in Washington. Nothing in D.C. moves that quick. The new president did not come into office and decide things are to hard in GUZ so it's time to relax them. There is a change at GUZ but it's hard to say what caused the change. It really takes so long for things to change.

Edited by jst (see edit history)

Me and my sweetheart are now deciding weather to get married in mainland china or Hong Kong. She called the Yangs hotel a few days ago and spoke to Mr. Yang. She had some specific questions and in the course of the phone call he told her that starting in FEB that most people were getting pink. He said it was a complete change from the previous months where most people were getting white or blue.

I do have to say that the change in GUZ would not be related to the change in Washington. Nothing in D.C. moves that quick. The new president did not come into office and decide things are to hard in GUZ so it's time to relax them. There is a change at GUZ but it's hard to say what caused the change. It really takes so long for things to change.

Regardless the reason-if there is one or not-I'm still damn glad to see a change. I wouldn't wish a white slip or a perpetual blue slip on anyone, including George W. Bush!! (Then again...can I think about that one for a while?) :lol:

Chilton747,

my numbers are obviously unofficial. that's why I asked if anyone had any further stats.

Ling remained in GUZ the day after her denial and heard thru "sources" near her hotel the failure rate of 123008. I posted the same when I reported her interview results in early January.

I assume my friend and his wife did likewise. sorry I can't provide specifics beyond that.

I typically don't traffic in hearsay and was reluctant to post as it was. but much of what is threaded on this site is deduction from many sources. this is merely another.

take it for what it's worth.

http://www.timelines.tk/

BilLing, you didn't hijack so no apology needed. But you DID add an interesting idea-that maybe the trend is starting to reverse itself in GUZ. Could it be that the [oppressive policies] of the former Administration are beginning to be swept out the door? A 'friendlier' government?

I'd sure be damn glad to see that happening...

Splinterman

The band Little Feat said it best: 'I have the Apolitical Blues.....' LOL

Splinterman

Nothing 'political' in this post, is there !? :)

Even though Washington is certainly slow, I found it remarkable how many levels from top down in each agency needs to resign at the end of the president's term and that many levels of these agencies are now vacant. How far down does that go? Surely Ambassadors are being replaced and how is that affecting the consulates? There could be a leadership void and/or some change in the forces directing the VOs MOs that has trickled down. I have worked in government and I have seen things change quickly upon the change of administration so don't be so surprised. I think we are starting to see a convergence of anecdotal evidence, so let's see how it goes!

It might be easily explained by the extra staff put on to catch up with the backlog. Then again that would only apply to the USCIS in the States. Has anyone seen/heard anything about staff increases in GUZ? It would seem that is the bottleneck.

It might be easily explained by the extra staff put on to catch up with the backlog. Then again that would only apply to the USCIS in the States. Has anyone seen/heard anything about staff increases in GUZ? It would seem that is the bottleneck.

Good point. I'd sure like to see something surface on this. I'd also wonder if the increase in staffing at USCIS in the States means that possibly the current 1 1/2 to 2 year wait to get a NOID letter out of them will get much shorter...

Splinterman

In fact, there is a memo from a GUZ officer that "You can't tell that to the petitioner" (that his case may be fraudulent)

I've only had one experience helping someone go through Canada... but my impression was the opposite there... they separated the couples and then told the citizen their concerns and if he wanted to "back out"... seems so much more... responsible... for lack of a better word...

Well, exactly! I'm always amazed when people here tell someone that you only need to make the minimum required (125% over the poverty line) - that above that amount makes no difference, when it's been obvious in more than a few cases that money made a difference.

I'm sorry, but I choked on my cup of tea, just now, while reading this !!!!! :D :lol:

I feel this is so true, and I think this is more of a significant factor in success or failure, than some really understand. :lol:

and I'm laughing my ass off... since I cannot tell if this mean the VO or the SO !!!!!!!!! :P :lol: :(

Well, exactly! I'm always amazed when people here tell someone that you only need to make the minimum required (125% over the poverty line) - that above that amount makes no difference, when it's been obvious in more than a few cases that money made a difference.

I'm sorry, but I choked on my cup of tea, just now, while reading this !!!!! :lol: :lol:

I feel this is so true, and I think this is more of a significant factor in success or failure, than some really understand. :rolleyes:

and I'm laughing my ass off... since I cannot tell if this mean the VO or the SO !!!!!!!!! :roller: :roller: :roller:

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but from reading these last comments, I then have to ask the obvious question: Why? Why would someone's income that is just 125% over the poverty line be a potential red flag? :ph34r:

I'm sorry, but I choked on my cup of tea, just now, while reading this !!!!! :lol: :lol:

I feel this is so true, and I think this is more of a significant factor in success or failure, than some really understand. :rolleyes:

and I'm laughing my ass off... since I cannot tell if this mean the VO or the SO !!!!!!!!! :roller: :roller: :lol:

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but from reading these last comments, I then have to ask the obvious question: Why? Why would someone's income that is just 125% over the poverty line be a potential red flag? :ph34r:

Sorry, but I lost sight of who's saying what, if anything. :huh: :roller: